Hardware Top screen scratched by bottom screen

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I had protectors on my 3ds, but removed the top one (hori, full size) as the marks were too deep and could no longer be wiped away. So now my top screen is as it was, but when the system is closed, I have a micro fibre cleaning cloth between the two halves, it works far better.

shawnanastasio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i guess i am screwed.................is there any other "injury" i can fake to have them replace the whole system?

EDIT: GLORIOUS DAY! i called them and they said they will fix it for the price of $0.00!
HA HA!

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
I had protectors on my 3ds, but removed the top one (hori, full size) as the marks were too deep and could no longer be wiped away. So now my top screen is as it was, but when the system is closed, I have a micro fibre cleaning cloth between the two halves, it works far better.

there wasnt any sort of scratches underneath right?

its happening to me too, but i dont want to remove them

keasy

Trophies
XP
Country
I was about to buy my kids a 3d's each tonight.
I wasn't aware of this problem and TBH it's just put me right off. I don't fancy shelling out over £400 GBP for products with fundamental design flaws that the manufacturer refuses to correct and repair.
F00k that!
They should be bloody fined by trading standards.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would try to find a way to sue them and make them redesign the 3DS. If they don't, I would ask a price of $7.500.000, because it leaves scratches while using it in a normal way.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waflix said:
I would try to find a way to sue them and make them redesign the 3DS. If they don't, I would ask a price of $7.500.000, because it leaves scratches while using it in a normal way.
1) That price is ridiculous.

2)I have it under normal use and nothing has happen.

N00ByBo0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
KingVamp said:

I have the same problem and I take great care of my stuff, since all my other DS'S don't have a single scratch.

This is a design fault or anything close to that.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Waflix said:

the way my scratches came is from putting the 3ds in my pocket. and when i walk i guess the pressuring from my thighs push against the system causing the scratches. i think this is normal use and it caused scratches -_-

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
KingVamp said:
Waflix said:

A man in India got 5.000 rupees (Indian currency, not Hyrulean) because there was a fly in his soda. Also someone got a lawsuit of 2 billion dollars because he got ill of peanut butter.
And why not try this amount? You can always talk about it with your lawyer.

EDIT: And it is about the idea. Not the actual doing it.

steve007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got good news guys they are gonna fix it for free it was on there end I called them up asking to get it fix on my friends .
wink.gif

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
My 3DS had this from the beginning. First it bothered me, but then it got worse. Yesterday I brought him then to the business, at which I bought it. Then they've him sent to nintendo and now I can only wait and see...
frown.gif

I will tell you about the repair if he is back.

PS: Sorry for my bad english ;(

D

Deleted User

I can't see this working.
1) Nintendo outsource repairs
2) They will need a complete re-design to combat this problem, i.e lower the touch screen slightly, add rubber padding

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
tigris said:
2) They will need a complete re-design to combat this problem, i.e lower the touch screen slightly, add rubber padding
A new device?

D

Deleted User

Schnida said:
tigris said:
A new device?
yup, a new device. Great. There goes all my VC Games, and the scratchy problem will be back in a week.

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yes, that's quite annoying with the VC Games, DSiWare usw...
But i can't confirm the second point. I saw a lot devices, that haven't this problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-