Hacking Top screen brighter than bottom?

raskal549

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I picked up this DSL with a cracked top screen. I replaced it with a top screen from a DSL i had on the side that i used for parts. Everything works perfectly except that the top screen seems to be brighter than the bottom. It's especially noticeable when you power it on. Both screens are supposed to be the same shade of white when the Nintendo DS logo chimes, but one is clearly brighter. It's nothing TOO important because everything works fine and nothing affect gameplay. It's just a little irritating to know that it's there sometimes. Is there anything that can be done about this? Is there a way to adjust the brightness or contrast of one screen individually?

kickerjosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmm. u may have incorrectly replaced the screen or its loose. anyway to change brightness on the main screen (after the chime) look at the bottome right of the touch screen. there is a sun icon. tap it to change brightness

raskal549

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kickerjosh said:
hmmmm. u may have incorrectly replaced the screen or its loose. anyway to change brightness on the main screen (after the chime) look at the bottome right of the touch screen. there is a sun icon. tap it to change brightness
not to sound like a smart ass or anything but i have changed screens on DSL's many times before and i am 100% sure nothing is loose. also, the sun icon only adjusts the lighting of the screens. this problem has to do with the contrast or white level of the screen. even if i make the screen lighting to maximum brightness, the bottom screen will always be darker. sorry, i guess i should have mentioned that before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, every since his partner left luke hasn't been the same