OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.calamityjames.co.uk
XP
Country
Well how ironic.

After lurking here for a month after getting my DS (from eBay), getting to grips with the wonders of flashcarts etc I finally decided to register to maybe contribute or something.

Lo in behold, I turn my DS Lite on tonight to be greeted with this:

broke-ds.jpg

No idea how it happened, was working fine the last time I turned it off!

So, barring buying some uber small tri-wing screwdrivers and re-learning how to solder etc, is my DS Lite dead?

Thanks,
James.

Calamity James

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.calamityjames.co.uk
XP
Country
XXLANCEXX said:
Needs a new top screen and your good
Thanks for the quick reply
smile.gif
, my only concern with doing that is I haven't fiddled with electronics like that in a while and from what I gather the ribbon cables can be a bitch sometimes. Seeing as I paid £40(~US$60) for it in the first place I'm wondering whether to just cut my losses and buy another 2nd hand one.

Aren't the screens around £20(~$30) for replacements anyway (before buying the special screwdrivers etc)?

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that there's a loose connection. My sister dropped her DS and we thought the bottom screen was shot-just displayed white or distorted visuals similar to that. I opened it up to see what parts I needed to order, and it turned out one of the short ribbon cables had come loose. Popped it back in and she's been good to go since.

Calamity James

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.calamityjames.co.uk
XP
Country
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
It's possible that there's a loose connection. My sister dropped her DS and we thought the bottom screen was shot-just displayed white or distorted visuals similar to that. I opened it up to see what parts I needed to order, and it turned out one of the short ribbon cables had come loose. Popped it back in and she's been good to go since.
Interesting! Might have to get myself to a local electronics place to get the special screwdriver. Feeling a little less annoyed now, the whole kit is only £13 on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Replacement-Top-LCD-...=item53e3bf8772 (I'm assuming that'd be fine?)

James.

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Calamity James said:
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
Interesting! Might have to get myself to a local electronics place to get the special screwdriver. Feeling a little less annoyed now, the whole kit is only £13 on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Replacement-Top-LCD-...=item53e3bf8772 (I'm assuming that'd be fine?)

James.
Yeah that should be fine but did your check that seller feedback i would only buy of a seller who has 99.9 or 98.99% positive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...