Hacking Top Screen a Bit washed out?

Robotica72

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, So I was an unlucky person who upgraded to 5.x a long time ago - so last weekend I swapped my motherboard I swapped my Motherboard with a 4.1 Motherboard (3DS XL). Ive tested my Gateway and everything has been good.

Tonight I tried a Japanese game, it started up and I had no issues but during the game it just seemed washed out ... So I figured it was a rom issue (or Japanese Rom issue... Who knows). I went back to retail and went to a game - Same issue.

I thought it could be a cable - take it all apart, and the top screen cable is solid in there ....

Anyone seen this before? What else can I check?

Thanks

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Power-Saving mode is on? Or the LCD cable contacts is dirty. Or maybe the 4.1 motherboard is the culprit. Have you gone back to the 5.x motherboard?

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure it's not in your head? I don't know how swapping the motherboard can cause that, unless you somehow smudged the screen from the inside

Robotica72

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I didn't swap the board back - not yet, since it was working fine with the 4.x board for about a week.

In my head - no, there is a difference in color on the top screen - I went back to a few games I have played a ton of, even my wife noticed it with a few games she plays.

I checked the cable, but Ill check that again .... Cant hurt

Robotica72

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checked the cable, still washed out - removed the cable and put it back in - now only a black screen but bottom is fine .... Im going to get a replacement screen, might be the ribbon cable on the screen now ... Looks intact but still....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free