Top Screen a Bit washed out?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Robotica72, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Robotica72
    OP

Robotica72 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2013
    United States
    Ok, So I was an unlucky person who upgraded to 5.x a long time ago - so last weekend I swapped my motherboard I swapped my Motherboard with a 4.1 Motherboard (3DS XL). Ive tested my Gateway and everything has been good.

Tonight I tried a Japanese game, it started up and I had no issues but during the game it just seemed washed out ... So I figured it was a rom issue (or Japanese Rom issue... Who knows). I went back to retail and went to a game - Same issue.

I thought it could be a cable - take it all apart, and the top screen cable is solid in there ....

Anyone seen this before? What else can I check?

Thanks

2. jagerstaffel

jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2008
    United States
    Maybe Power-Saving mode is on? Or the LCD cable contacts is dirty. Or maybe the 4.1 motherboard is the culprit. Have you gone back to the 5.x motherboard?

3. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    Are you sure it's not in your head? I don't know how swapping the motherboard can cause that, unless you somehow smudged the screen from the inside

4. illicit

illicit GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2010
    United States
    The cable to the top lcd is loose.

5. Robotica72
    OP

Robotica72 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2013
    United States
    Thanks, I didn't swap the board back - not yet, since it was working fine with the 4.x board for about a week.

In my head - no, there is a difference in color on the top screen - I went back to a few games I have played a ton of, even my wife noticed it with a few games she plays.

I checked the cable, but Ill check that again .... Cant hurt

6. Robotica72
    OP

Robotica72 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2013
    United States
    Checked the cable, still washed out - removed the cable and put it back in - now only a black screen but bottom is fine .... Im going to get a replacement screen, might be the ribbon cable on the screen now ... Looks intact but still....