Tool to Generate WiiU .tik/.cert Files On Demand?

PityOnU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I maintain personal backups of game sets from across a number of platforms - 1000's of titles across 10's of TB. In order to maintain and organize all the games, I rely on No-Intro hash/naming information and a handful of ROM management applications.

A problem I have come up against is that the No-Intro hash/naming set for the WiiU has the files associated with WiiU titles as they are stored on Nintendo's servers. So, effectively, the *.app and title.tmd files, but not the title.tik or title.cert files. Without those files, I cannot install the games on a WiiU.

I would like to continue to use my automation tools to maintain my game collection, while also maintaining the capability to install the games on the consoles they were released on.

With this in mind, is there any tool/method for regenerating the title.tik and title.cert files on demand - i.e. at some future date when I decide to install an arbitrary game on my console.

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: there's an option to generate .tik files for games you already have installed but not the title.cert files. So thats out. Im not sure of anyother tools that can do this.

I think nusspli might jave this functionality. Ik it defintely does it for a game you download but im pretty sure theres an option to just generate these. Let me check

Last edited by Kopimist,

PityOnU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies all, but neither of those would seem to do what would be needed.

Just figured I'd poke this thread again as, a day or two after I posted this, Nintendo announced that the Wii U eShop will be closing next year. Having a tool that would generate .cert's/.tik's for game files in archives would seem to be of increasing benefit.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure how Nusspli works, @V10lator ? however, I think wii u usb helper uses the title keys to create the fake ticket. I believe that's the reason it needs the title keys site when you first start it up, and why not all games are present (only games that are on the title keys site).

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Having a tool that would generate .cert's/.tik's for game files in archives would seem to be of increasing benefit.
In case you download content already in the install folder NUSspli will skip all files except the ones missing, so create your .cert and .tik file. Also I'll add .cert creation to NUSsplis option to create a fake ticket only.

//EDIT:
I'm not really sure how Nusspli works, @V10lator ? however, I think wii u usb helper uses the title keys to create the fake ticket. I believe that's the reason it needs the title keys site when you first start it up, and why not all games are present (only games that are on the title keys site).
NUSspli creates the title keys on the fly, so it doesn't need a link to that site nor any other key source. From NUSsplis FAQ:
Q: How is this tool generating keys on its own?
A: It simply implements the informations given at https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-wii-u-titlekey-generation-algorithm-leaked.566318/

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's like the wii, the files will still be there aside from at least the ticket, which we can create anyway, so I wouldn't worry about the closing of the shop.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
legit purchases should still work after the closing as well, just can't buy anything new. that's how it works with the wii, and that closed in January of 2019 iirc.

PityOnU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case you download content already in the install folder NUSspli will skip all files except the ones missing, so create your .cert and .tik file. Also I'll add .cert creation to NUSsplis option to create a fake ticket only.

//EDIT:

NUSspli creates the title keys on the fly, so it doesn't need a link to that site nor any other key source. From NUSsplis FAQ:

Just had a look through your Github for the project, and yep, there's all the code in there to generate .tik's/.cert's from the ground up. Very cool!

I don't see an immediately, obviously packaged version as a Windows tool. If I'm feeling particularly full of piss and vinegar one evening soon, I will probably sit down and throw together a small standalone tool that can be run on desktop to transform from a No-Intro set to a ready-to-install set. Hardest part will probably be cross-referencing data in .dat files and the .json title databases.

(I program as a day job, though, and the last thing I want to do at night is to program some more, so definitely no ETA on any of this.)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't see an immediately, obviously packaged version as a Windows tool.
Cause there is none, sorry. NUSspli is a Wii U tool only so as you say: In case you want that you'll have to port it for yourself.

If I'm feeling particularly full of piss and vinegar one evening soon, I will probably sit down and throw together a small standalone tool
Might be way more simple than you think... You already cracked down 98% of the magic... ;)

//EDIT:
Hardest part will probably be cross-referencing data in .dat files and the .json title databases.
There's just one json file you should care about... And the content of that json file is half http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database and half a source I'm not allowed to tell but I'm also sure you won't even need.

Last edited by V10lator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL