Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

pluis3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which Joy-Con is it and have you ever opened it? Because I once had that issue with my right joy-con and it ended up being because when I replaced the shell I didn't plug in the BT connecter properly and it came out when I dropped it a week later.
i write it's only my pc i rinstalled windows 10 and everything was ok but thank you

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK so i just bought a bluetooth dongle to try this out. Trying to connect a right joycon here. After some finagling and after a fresh pairing on my Win7 PC, i start the toolkit and the joycon rumbles, one led lights up and the home button does a heart beat. So far so good.

But when i click on anything to interact with the joycon - dumping the SPI, or capturing something via IR, or clicking on the button test, or hell even just clicking Refresh - the program goes unresponsive and, from what i can tell, hangs indefinitely. The Joycon, meanwhile, still pulses the home button and has one LED light up.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OK so i just bought a bluetooth dongle to try this out. Trying to connect a right joycon here. After some finagling and after a fresh pairing on my Win7 PC, i start the toolkit and the joycon rumbles, one led lights up and the home button does a heart beat. So far so good.

But when i click on anything to interact with the joycon - dumping the SPI, or capturing something via IR, or clicking on the button test, or hell even just clicking Refresh - the program goes unresponsive and, from what i can tell, hangs indefinitely. The Joycon, meanwhile, still pulses the home button and has one LED light up.
That's a known issue with some dongles on trying to check the connection.
Even though the drivers/stack are Microsoft ones and the connection that is made, is non-exclusive, the hid_open hangs on the 2nd try.

Check the debug/troubleshooting:
https://github.com/CTCaer/jc_toolkit/releases/tag/5.2.0

What may fix your problem is probably the -f command line. This can be easily triggered by running disable_connection_check.bat inside the "debug_scripts" folder.

Reactions: Krude

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just tried the bat file, and my first attempt of doing a button test in the playground crashed the toolkit again.

After a repairing, on my second attempt i just hit the Dump SPI button and it started dumping. That's something! Takes a while though, so let's see if it goes through without problems.

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, the SPI dumps go through without a problem as fas as i can tell, but even with -f, all other buttons still seem to crash the toolkit.

At least i didn't spend too much money on this garbage dongle, but this one was literally the only one in the entire store, so it's not like i had much of a choice. :(

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, the SPI dumps go through without a problem as fas as i can tell, but even with -f, all other buttons still seem to crash the toolkit.

At least i didn't spend too much money on this garbage dongle, but this one was literally the only one in the entire store, so it's not like i had much of a choice. :(
Did you install any drivers that came with the dongle?

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really sorry if this has been asked, but any chance of NFC tag read/write capability along with a dll other programs could use?

being able to backup and restore amiibo info would be handy when smash comes out.

I tried the search, but it wasn't really co-operating...

IISAFORK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to change the color of a wired only controller? I just bought a chrome legend of zelda controller and the grip displayed is grey.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Really sorry if this has been asked, but any chance of NFC tag read/write capability along with a dll other programs could use?

being able to backup and restore amiibo info would be handy when smash comes out.

I tried the search, but it wasn't really co-operating...
The developing of this tool is halted. I don't know when I'll want to continue it. Currently, I have my hands full.

Is there a way to change the color of a wired only controller? I just bought a chrome legend of zelda controller and the grip displayed is grey.
Nope. These are hardcoded.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The program sometimes hanged while dumping my blue joycon spi, but it dumped fine after a few retries.
The same thing is happening on the red joycon but i also noticed the temperature report seems way off on this one, 25c, while the blue reported 14c, which was correct.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is it possible to let the led in the home button always glow when the joycon is on?
Normally you just slide them into the rails and the light keeps showing up.

The program sometimes hanged while dumping my blue joycon spi, but it dumped fine after a few retries.
The same thing is happening on the red joycon but i also noticed the temperature report seems way off on this one, 25c, while the blue reported 14c, which was correct.
Check your signal. You can try to play the easter eggs and see if the sound does not cut off.
The temperature is the ambient temperature of the insides of your joy-con.
If you were holding it before, you have to wait a couple of minutes (more than 5?) to reach room temperature.

SharperG7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've bought my switch recently and still have the 1 year warranty that comes with it. Will changing my joycon colors affect my warranty?

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yes and no.

Yes because you do an unauthorized modification.
No because you will just change it back before giving it for service.

seanrhodes05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this and changed my gray joycons to a bright white colour (aka an unofficial colour) and three days later I got banned I don’t know if there is a connection. Any others experience something like this?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this and changed my gray joycons to a bright white colour (aka an unofficial colour) and three days later I got banned I don’t know if there is a connection. Any others experience something like this?
I've had custom colored joycon for about a year now with no problem. Did you happen to use any cfw or homebrew on your switch?

Reactions: seanrhodes05

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games