TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
gbc was still gb. gba is also still gb.
And it's a dead brand. Nintendo said so themselves. 2007 will be Game Boy's last year. It will not be the last year of Nintendo dominating the handheld gaming market. Most of us already wept when the news was fresh..about a year ago. Then, we realized DS was kicking ass and we overcame our grief. Perhaps you should seek professional help to combat your present stage of denial.

nds is more like a personal computer with the stick that i hate
Maybe it's just me, but labeling a DS as a PC is like labeling a calculator as a PDA. Makes zero sense. Sure, DS has some interesting homebrew out there that can perform some PC-like applications. Would you prefer all homebrew to be based on crappy games on par with Amiga titles like we saw with GBA Homebrew? If you answered yes, then please run circles in place until you return back to the time period of your comfort..or throw up uncontrollably. As for the "stick" a.k.a. stylus (what most of the common world call it), if you don't like the one you have, then there are plenty of third party ones out there to try that are bragged about often around DS hangouts.

and the two screens that i dont need.
So, no screens is better? Sorry, couldn't resist.

dont get me wrong i have a ds and an r4 revolution and i like the ds its ok there is new games.
I guess you don't hate the stylus and dual screens as much as you claimed beforehand. By the way, look up "hypocrite" in the dictionary sometime.

but its not gba. also ds was never announced by nintendo as gameboy series
Yes, DS is not Game Boy. Yes, DS was never intended by Nintendo to replace the Game Boy line. Yes, it happened. Again, get over it!

its a personal organizer/comp not a handheld easy gameboy for just playing some. that you can throw in the corner if you're bored.
Here's your solution then. Take your "personal organizer" to a children's shelter. Find the most neglected kid in the place. Hand him or her your DS, R4 and whatever else you got. Walk outside and never look at a DS again. You would have succeeded in doing two smart actions: Helping the needy and getting rid of something you loathe...wait. You like it, but yet, you hate it. Make up your damn mind already!

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GBA is as good as dead! The DS is the best selling gaming consol in the world.
Even the best selling flash carts are slot-1 DS only, most people aren’t even bothering
putting GBA games on there SD cards anymore, & for DS ebook readers they’ll get better.

kingkong

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
i prefer to play a psp over a ds. for nintendo the gba sp is the #1 handheld still. ds is for younger people like 12-16. its not fun play if you need three hands to hold stylus, pad and buttons

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couldnt you stick a gba flash cart and use the book reader programs that you are talking about?

s1r1u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i prefer to play a psp over a ds. for nintendo the gba sp is the #1 handheld still. ds is for younger people like 12-16. its not fun play if you need three hands to hold stylus, pad and buttons

Haven't you forgot your feet also??
unsure.gif

kingkong

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
yeah but the gbasp is easy to hold in one hand while reading a book. holding the ds lite in one hand for hours? i dont enjoy.. its heavier. i am sure soon there will come handhels that project the screen on a wall or even holographic. that will rule, its MUCH better than two huge displays who make a HANDHELD unhandy

s1r1u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i am sure soon there will come handhels that project the screen on a wall or even holographic. that will rule, its MUCH better than two huge displays who make a HANDHELD unhandy
That's right!!!
who needs some crappy gba or ds with all that holographic stuff ???
opium, sorry but it's time we should go for
holographictemp.net

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
why are you buying handheld gaming systems to read books 
wtf.gif
Isn't it evidentary enough from kingkong's own comments that his mind is far lacking in the areas of common sense and wisdom? I personally wonder if he can hold a book if a DS is too heavy for him. He should seek medical personel about his hand and arm strength rather than a video game forum group.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
All this is pretty pathetic really, it smells a little like stirring up trouble needlessly.
GBAtemp still supports GBA, and probably will for a long while to come. GBA still has its own set of forums, its own release list - where's the problem here? DS is the next logical step, you know, being the successor to the GBA and everything. Of course that doesn't make the GBA obsolete (heck I just bought a new one the other day), but you can't expect it to go on living forever.

Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-