Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'll probably wait a year or two after launch. I'm gonna get the 3DS, but after a couple years the price will almost be slashed in half. It's like that with almost all consoles on the market. Besides, giving it a year or two also gives developers to push out better games.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
I'll probably wait a year or two after launch. I'm gonna get the 3DS, but after a couple years the price will almost be slashed in half. It's like that with almost all consoles on the market. Besides, giving it a year or two also gives developers to push out better games.
This will be my second chance to be able to get a console on launch day, the first time was DSi but I decided to go against it. I jost hope it's £160-170.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe in Canada prices get cut in half after a year to two, but the DSi is still nothing near that, and if it wasn't for that the Lite wouldn't either.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
jimwhat said:
I asked the people at my local gamestop if they knew anything...they've never even heard of it.

one of three scenarios

they just work there for money and aren't interested in games

2. They're HD console players that don't care about nintendo since they don't own a ninth system

3. They are those so "called" hardcore gamers that just play one game (series) and do not know anything about gaming outside that series

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I talked to my local gamestop. Employee was up to date with his rumours. Said rumours suggest that it's coming out this year. (Which is correct)

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
If it was anything above $199.99, it's a no-purchase for me. If Nintendo makes it higher, they're gonna get some flack. Weren't people bitching and moaning about the PSP-Go being too expensive at the $250 point for a handheld?

The 3DS isn't enough of an "upgrade" from the DS to warrant such a price hike. But alas, the kids will cry for it, and the parents will buy it, because it's Nintendo!

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
People were bitching because the PSP Go was 250 for something that was arguably a downgrade. Have you seen the 3DS? It looks so good to me that I'll probably get no matter what the price is. I'll pay over 199 if I have to.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
I second Midna, while I obviously want a lower price, the 3DS has already wow'd me into buying it pretty much at any price day 1. I don't think $250 would be considered expensive for what the console does. In fact I'd be surprised if they get it to $200 or less.
I think we need to think it logically. Reggie said it costs A LOT MORE to make than a DSi.

Ok now look at the DSi XL launch price $190, now the 3DS screen should cost about the size it does for XL since it's expensive tech. now that would mean the console could indeed be about $170-190, now you have to think of the components on the motherboard, firstly the graphics card could add about $10 extra, note that it's an old processer but its powerful so Im not sure where to go with this, Im going to be open and I think this could indeed be $20-$30 extra compared to DS. Now then the cameras could have a slight increase, since your using an extra lens, so that could be about $7 extra. There's more yet to be announced

People Nintendo can go from $170 to a maximum of $300. Im certain that $300 is not the price. Infact I believe nintendo WILL charge over the wii's price BUT NOT THE WII LAUNCH PRICE in AMERICA. This can range from $170-$250. Now here's the psycological part comes in, If ninty sell it for $250, expect a 2011 release, if it's below than expect 2010.

I think we can all give nintendo the right to sell it over $200 but under $250($249.99 counts as under
closedeyes.gif
). In UK this is what can happen, if Ninty sell it for $250 in America than our price will be about £200, however if it's sold over $200 below $250 expect a £180 price point. If it's $200 I think we can expect something along the lines of £165 or even £175(clear example DSi and DSiXL). I think £165 is the minimum price point over here. It gets expensive at over $275.

$275 maybe high but nintendo has reason for it, they're not ripping off anyone (Like Sony were, that's why no one bought it, they knew sony was ripping off people because it was cheaper to make than a PSP 3000)

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, as long as it's not over $300 (and I KNOW it won't be), I'm good. $250 seems like a reasonable price anyway. I remember when people were buying the PSP with its $250 price tag when it first came out.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
demonicstrife said:
I remember when people were buying the PSP with its $250 price tag when it first came out.
People are willing to pay anything for new tech, Also at launch the PSP was the better device to have since Nintendo still acknowledged it as the 3rd pillar, at launch the games pretty much were tech demo styles and third party games hardly used the touchscreen efficiently. Then you saw GB franchises go to DS which mean, goodbye Gameboy, and lead to the DS's success.

So are we happy for around $200 - $275? To me that sounds the right price and I don't believe they should charge under $200

cojiro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've been saving for one, and really wouldn't mind paying $250 for one at launch, but wait on getting some games. Would certainly prefer the cost to be $200 and then have enough money for 1 or maybe 2 launch titles (OoT3d/Kid Icarus
yaynds.gif
)

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well i'd be happy with $350 3DS with 1-2 free games.
But you you gotta remember, it's a 3D handheld without glasses and better processing power than the wii!
The possibility's are endless!

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Icealote said:
FireGrey said:
The possibility's are endless!

Until you drop the 3DS and it breaks
rofl.gif

You know I don't care how powerful the 3DS is, I know that pretty muchh everyone commenting here is going to buy it because your nintendo fans. But going from other forums and such they're not willing to pay anything near $250 since it's more expensive. Which is reasonable since it's a $220 console with a 3D and touchscreen that could deffinetely put it for $300. Look at Apple fanboys they don't care what the price and they buy it even the shitty iPad. Nintendo right now are kicking them in their ass for the price.

Personally I don't think this will be as succesful as the DS. The 3DS is more core than casual, there's no room for them. I don't think a casual person realises the potential of this device and who it's aimed towards. Im not always right and I may be wrong.

Nintendo doesn't want to undercharge UNLESS, they're going to sell it cheap in limited quantity and then sell them on ebay for $500.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/_4oRbWv0veA?si=rOKCuNsE0oUCvEwa