Hardware Too expensive

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
jimwhat said:
It seems that Play.com has posted the price of the 3DS as 200 euros.

No, it's put it as £200.
screenshot_235877.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=259978

It's most likely just a holder price, but Play is usually up to date with this kind of stuff.

Pretty sure I've seen that on play quite a while ago. they put stuff up as placeholders all the time. They've got 3DS games priced and dated as well.

http://www.play.com/Games/DS/4-/15573453/D...ll/Product.html

I think we can safely say the 3DS isn't coming out in Europe in November...

Sorry about that, it was like 3 am when I posted that

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see why there's still complaining about this...the DS system still has games coming out. If the 3DS is expensive then why not wait till the price goes down. Same way how people didn't buy a DS till it was 89.99. Hype sure does make people impatient.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
If Nintendo expect the same sales as the DS, then they will buy enough components to make a few hundred million at launch.
Buying in bulk saves money.
unsure.gif

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I encountered a guy with insider info a while back with my friends at a mall. If he's anything to be trusted, he offered that the 3DS would release in March 2011 (not by, in March, and the recent rumour of a Japanese March 22nd release seems to support it as well), and that it would actually be priced at $300...

And considering the hardware capabilities of the 3DS, I wouldn't be surprised actually. Though I'd hope Nintendo would launch it at $250 or lower, I'm actually not expecting it with this one. I would expect a price drop by the holiday season of 2011 though, if it were to release above $250.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
I encountered a guy with insider info a while back with my friends at a mall. If he's anything to be trusted, he offered that the 3DS would release in March 2011 (not by, in March, and the recent rumour of a Japanese March 22nd release seems to support it as well), and that it would actually be priced at $300...

And considering the hardware capabilities of the 3DS, I wouldn't be surprised actually. Though I'd hope Nintendo would launch it at $250 or lower, I'm actually not expecting it with this one. I would expect a price drop by the holiday season of 2011 though, if it were to release above $250.

$300? I hope not. Cause that way DSi XL won't have a price drop.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
IS £200 really that bad? I mean when the PSP first came out it was £180 and from what we've seen the 3DS has blown it out of the water in every aspect. I am prepared pay more for shiny graphics AND nintendo's innovation which to be honest is a choice we don't get very often

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Starting Sept. 12 Nintendo will be dropping the price of the DSi to $150 and the price of the DSi XL to $170. The DS Lite will remain $130.

Cool, maybe if we're super lucky they might get another price drop near release. If the DSi/XL get another price drop before release the price of the 3DS might be $200-$230. I can't wait
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.