Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tom Hardy has become a lot more famous since he played Bane* in The Dark Knight Rises this year. It's now been announced that he will star as Sam Fisher in the movie adaptation of the Tom Clancy: Splinter Cell games.

Splinter Cell doesn't even have a movie studio tied to it just yet but with Tom Hardy signed up and Eric Singer (The International) as the writer no doubt someone should pick it up especially as the game is pretty big and Tom Clancy movies tend to do well.

BTW you should watch Bronson, Tom Hardy was in it and it's fucking awesome.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...er-cell-movie?abthid=50a40da7473b498207000037

*The Bane in this movie wasn't anyway near the Bane in the comics to me but he was ok in it.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen a poor performance from Tom Hardy. All the way back to his role as
Picard's-clone
in Star Trek: Nemesis. He's done quite a few terrific mini-series as well that are up on Netflix.

As far as a Splinter Cell movie...not sure it needs to be done. All we've seen movie-wise from Clancy's IP are Jack Ryan movies. They did well not because they were particularly good, but because they had star power behind them. Sam Fisher is an unknown character to many and unfortunately Tom Hardy is an unknown actor to many.

Story-wise, this would probably have to take place before we first met Sam Fisher in the original Splinter Cell game seeing as Tom Hardy is only in his mid-thirties.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
g94aa.png

Not again

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno why...this comes to mind

on listening to it again this guy could be the Sean Connery of Sam Fishers

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hasn't this movie been in pre-development (production) hell since Chaos Theory?
Other studios have wanted to make it but their rights had now lapsed. in the last year or so, Uibisoft has taken charge of their properties what with this and Assassin's Creed.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really liked him as Bane but I wasn't a fan of him as the Piclone in Nemesis. Mainly because Nemesis was pretty bad and there was not much that would redeem that concept.

Although he was really lanky in Nemesis and super buff in DKR, so now he's gonna need to be in some inbetween type of thing for Sam Fisher?

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dude has had a really good run, I worked with him once on an acting job but that was while i was still young and unfortunately before he became famous.
I raged at the potential autograph I could of had when I saw his name in the credits of the Dark Knight Rises.
Still he's a great actor and a cool guy. I look forward to this.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm I will have to see some more of his voicework as Michael Ironside probably ranks as one of the best game voiceovers I have heard (up there with Garrett from thief). Granted that is probably more my fondness for dark humour so the writers probably also want a nod.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Splinter Cell franchise seems pretty well suited for a film adaptation, and Tom's Hardy enough for the role.

Consider me cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: Hyro-Sama

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, a Splinter Cell Movie. I loved the games, the story and I've got the books so here's hoping that the movie is good if not just as good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F