Gaming Tom Clancy's EndWar - New screens, game is actually real!

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It's me or I saw a screen with square tiles and 3 another with hexagonal tiles? blink:

I think not for this game, looks suck. Advance Wars and Panzer Tactics are enough for me, yet this one combines them both, man...

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With the Blizzard and Activision merge, hopefully Blizzard will get more involved in handheld systems. Their previous GBA games were okay, but they just didn't do Blizzard justice. To me, they're like the God of gaming and Activision themselves have released some pretty kick ass games. I honestly don't know how the business industry works, so I'm just going out on a limb here. Anyway, I'd be ridiculously happy with just a Diablo, Starcraft, or Warcraft game on the DS.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Wiat, what do you mean, are you telling me this is a joined project of Blizard and Activison?

If so, then it shouldn't be a crap, gotta try it once it comes out
biggrin.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Raestloz said:
Wiat, what do you mean, are you telling me this is a joined project of Blizard and Activison?

If so, then it shouldn't be a crap, gotta try it once it comes out
biggrin.gif

No, the game is being made by Ubisoft. I think they were talking about wanting Blizzard to make Starcraft or Diablo for the DS (which, admit it, we'll never see happen. Cause Blizzard hates us).

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be interesting to know the extent of Tom Clancy's involvement with all these Ubisoft games. My guess would be he has zero involvement -- likely not even cashing the royalty checks (since his accountant probably does that for him, too) -- and it also wouldn't surprise me if he has little idea that many of these games even exist.

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
irpacynot said:
It'd be interesting to know the extent of Tom Clancy's involvement with all these Ubisoft games. My guess would be he has zero involvement -- likely not even cashing the royalty checks (since his accountant probably does that for him, too) -- and it also wouldn't surprise me if he has little idea that many of these games even exist.
Just like any drink with the coca cola label sells like crazy so does the Tom Clancy title.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
irpacynot said:
I think he wrote the general idea for the universe (eg. the backgrond information for RAINBOW, Third Echelon, WWIII, etc.) for all the games (as you might know Tom Clancy's games like Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, EndWar, etc. are all in the same universe.) The dialogues and plot points are probably written by Ubisoft's writers.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Raestloz said:
Isn't Tom Clancy's Universe is today Earth? And I heard the games were based on his military novel, so maybe the dialogues were written by him
Some of them are set in the future, like Ghost Recon 2 and, obviously, EndWar. According to Wikipedia some of the veterans on the European side are former RAINBOW operatives and the Americans will get units from Third Echelon (from Splinter Cell) and Ghost Recon.

He did write a Rainbow Six novel. There are Splinter Cell and EndWar novels but they were not written by him. Not sure about Ghost Recon. Most Tom Clancy novels are set during the Cold War, anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out