To stupid for Nkit convert to ISO

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by spence_saw, Nov 14, 2019.

1. spence_saw
    OP

spence_saw Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2019
    Netherlands
    Hello,

unfortunately I can't reply in the thread I want because of "insufficient privileges to reply"
    I have a problem to understand or handle the Nkit software, I try to explain here what I did. I hope somebody can help me here. I was reading the FAQ and the help but I could not do it.

1. I downloaded the Nkit software and put all in one folder.
    2. I put my nkit.iso file in the C:\temp folder (Kirby's Return to Dream Land)
    3. I checked the redump.org website and download the datfile from Nintendo GameCube (I understand is also for Wii, what I need) and put it in the folder C:\nkit\Dats. There are 3 more folder in Dates, but I put it in dats
    4. Then I open the command prompt from Windows and go in the C:\nkit folder and type the command "converttoiso c:\temp"
    5. The convert starts, but I get an error message
      Processing command line and scanning files...
      Found 1 file

DAT ENTRIES
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      [1885 redump ] Nintendo - GameCube - Datfile (1885) (2019-11-12 21-32-35).dat
      [ 0 custom ] Custom.dat
      [ 0 gametdb] wiitdb.txt

#####[ 1 / 1 ]#################################################################

FILES
      Input: c:\temp
      Kirby's Return to Dream Land (USA) (En,Fr,Es).nkit.iso

Temp: C:\Wii nkit\Processed
      SmLog: C:\Wii nkit\Processed\NKitSummary.txt

PROCESSING
      Kirby Wii [SUKE] Wii [MiB:1147,3]

3 Passes: [NKit.ISO] >> [1:To ISO] >> [2:Calc Hashes] >> [3:Full Verify]

To ISO: .1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10 ~ 2m 30s [MiB: 4482,3] NKit Invalid

|DETAIL
      |!! Update partition *_589BE763 missing - Adding filler. It may be Recoverable

Verification Failed Crc:7664EB27 - Failed Test Crc:AE51EC85
      Deleting Output
    6. I estimate some filling files are missing, but how to add them? And where to find them?

Thanks

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    As it clearly says (and you correctly understood), you don't have the update partition (which you ought to have dumped from your original copy of the game before removing it... or any other disc with the exact same update), so of course it rejects the result as not matching the o

I know someone on reddit who posted a fully loaded version of NKit, though

3. 1MiinMofo

1MiinMofo GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2019
    Canada
    But it absolutely should not be necessary for the update partitions to be there for it to be able to make an ISO from the NKit file. It SHOULD put the file in the Wii_MatchFail folder without the update partition. Perhaps there is a command line option to do so, but I was using the GUI...

In the GUI (the "NKit Processing App") there is an option you can unselect labelled "Delete Recover Match Failures." Unselecting that will leave the unverified (most likely working but with no update partition) ISO file in the:
    \NKit\Processed\Wii_MatchFail
    folder.

Last edited by 1MiinMofo, Nov 20, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted