Hardware To sell or not to sell 3DS console with games downloaded to NNID

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a 3DS with a busted screen and fixed it up with a new screen and to my surprise, the previous owner never deleted or formatted it and there's a few downloaded games on it but it also has the owner's NNID left on it as well.

My intention was to fix it and sell it as a quick flip but I have no idea if I should leave the games on it as a way to boost the value or if I should format it to avoid any complaints if the new owner decides to wipe it clean even after I explain why they shouldn't.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 3DS with a busted screen and fixed it up with a new screen and to my surprise, the previous owner never deleted or formatted it and there's a few downloaded games on it but it also has the owner's NNID left on it as well.

My intention was to fix it and sell it as a quick flip but I have no idea if I should leave the games on it as a way to boost the value or if I should format it to avoid any complaints if the new owner decides to wipe it clean even after I explain why they shouldn't.
Format it it's most likely "stolen goods" if your gonna get another one which will in all likelihood is exploitable you can get any game you want anyways.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format it it's most likely "stolen goods" if your gonna get another one which will in all likelihood is exploitable you can get any game you want anyways.
I doubt is is stolen goods. A lot of people sell broken Nintendo products with their stuff on them as either they could not remove it as it is was broken or they are under the assumption that they can redownload their games by logging into a new console.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
It seems like some kind of grey area. Remember how the Wii and DSi had no account system and everything was registered to each specific system? People sold systems with their games on it for years. Nintendo isn't quite as sophisticated as any of the other digital game stores, so I dunno what they would do, or even what kind of complaint the original owner could file.

I think as long as you don't screw with their NNID settings (esp. any billing info), you're good. They can likely redownload all their games to a new system.
As for selling it, I don't think you want someone else screwing with the original owner's NNID settings, so I would likely wipe that NNID from the system. Dunno if that removes the games already on there or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: