Hacking To Hack or Not to Hack... I want to play VC1, 2, 3, and 4 on My Switch! Is this Achievable?

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at the conundrum where I'm trying to figure out if I should update my exploitable Switch or not.
First I made the mistake of not immediately downloading the DLC from the eshop and now I need to know if I exploit it can I still get my DLC that came with the VC4 collector's edition?
Second of all, as far as the PSP emulating front, how do VC2 and 3 look? Can you plug the Switch into the TV outlet and play them on TV? I've paid for all this software sometimes more than once and would finally like to have them all consolidated onto one system...
Is this feasible?
Not to mention how beautiful Grand Knights History, Parasite Eve 3rd Birthday, and FF Type-0 would look...

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way (like in the PSP hacking days) to run CFW that tricks the Switch into letting you go online and browse the store?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way (like in the PSP hacking days) to run CFW that tricks the Switch into letting you go online and browse the store?
Nope not ever. Want to go online? do it in OFW, CFW will get you banned instantly online via Eshop or multiplayer

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what do I do if I want to download the DLC? Just upgrade the FW and then hack into my Switch since it's just 5.X or something? Or if I wanted to get around it could I download the backup ROM for the game along with the DLC after hacking into it? Is there much difference between the latest FW and 5.X?
Also when you run PSP games can you see them when attached to the TV? And is the Emulator as good as the Vita emu in terms of VSYNC, upscaling, etc?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP emulation on the Switch is going to be slow or just plain bad if there is one. To install DLC you need to download them as a NSP from internet sites that host Switch piracy. And use Tinfoil to install DLC nsp files that require higher console firmwares. Some games/updates will require your switch to be on 6.2
I'd suggest looking for a cfw guide on here first before doing anything that will get you banned

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
PSP emulation on the Switch is going to be slow or just plain bad if there is one. To install DLC you need to download them as a NSP from internet sites that host Switch piracy. And use Tinfoil to install DLC nsp files that require higher console firmwares. Some games/updates will require your switch to be on 6.2
I'd suggest looking for a cfw guide on here first before doing anything that will get you banned
On tv lakka psp runs good,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew about Vice City Strories but why didn't anyone tell me there's two more Vice City games?!!?!?

What are you talking about? There's Vice City on PS2 and other consoles (not on PSP), and Vice City Stories. There's also Liberty City Stories on PSP and Chinatown Wars on PSP. There isn't two more Vice City games.

TheDukeOfNukem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What are you talking about? There's Vice City on PS2 and other consoles (not on PSP), and Vice City Stories. There's also Liberty City Stories on PSP and Chinatown Wars on PSP. There isn't two more Vice City games.

OP was talking about VC1,2,3, and 4.

The gag was the implication they meant Vice City, and not Valkyria Chronicles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.