Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi there,

I'm truly hesitating about preordering Supercard DSTWO. I've a CycloDS Evo. for now, and I'm not planning to buy a DSi or a DSi XL. But the features of the SCDS2 are really amazing. So should I buy the SCDS2 or not ?

Thanks in advance.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's really hard to say with no reviews.

But then the features such as dedicated GBA and SNES emus, Free Cheat system, DivX and Xvid video playback...are very impressive.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
If your gonna get a DSi of any kind. I'd say go for it. Not only are the features impressive, but for a DSi user (such as myself) that GBA Emulator is like the icing on the cake....Which is why I've already preordered one

EDIT
@RupeeClock - Nice Avatar by the way...n_n thought I just say that

nycsam786

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think the features are truly worth it like many others do, then I would definitely recommend getting it.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I already pre-ordered with a 8GB microSD ( I got a R4 with only 2GB) it since everything about it is exactly what I needed, I don't care about the Free Cheat but I was planning buying a 3-in-1 slot-2 for GBA games and I hope its SNES compatibility is good too.

But since you got a CycloDS... I dunno doesn't seem necessaryto get one now.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered one because I like watching movies on the DS but converting is a hassle plus I would also like to play GBA games once in a while.

I don't have a DSi/XL (DS Phat
frown.gif
) but I plan on getting a DSi XL soon~ (I also don't have a GBA flashcart) So get one if you want movies without conversion, GBA, Snes...

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
let me just tell about my experience so you can add it to your hesitations list:

I like the new features of SCDS2 but I am a cyclods user and i have a ezflash3-in-1 so I have gba emulation and other stuff like that, so I won't be buying an SCDS2 or any other DSi compatible cart.. I also have an iplayer or use moonshell for multimedia, but since i have other devices for multimedia, i dont use the DS as that.

Currently I am happy with my cyclo and other stuff but if GBA emulation is really that important to you, go for it.

DiVx playback, do you need it? Are most of the files you have encoded in DiVx? Does the SCDS2 even play FLV files so you can download Youtube videos and watch them with your DSi?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think I'll wait until the review. I'm not interested by the video thing since I have a DSL (screens are too small and if I watch videos on my DS, it would be some animes, and I wouldn't be able to read the subtitles). If I've some money to throw, I'll buy a DSi XL for that
tongue.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
altorn said:
let me just tell about my experience so you can add it to your hesitations list:

I like the new features of SCDS2 but I am a cyclods user and i have a ezflash3-in-1 so I have gba emulation and other stuff like that, so I won't be buying an SCDS2 or any other DSi compatible cart.. I also have an iplayer or use moonshell for multimedia, but since i have other devices for multimedia, i dont use the DS as that.

Currently I am happy with my cyclo and other stuff but if GBA emulation is really that important to you, go for it.

DiVx playback, do you need it? Are most of the files you have encoded in DiVx? Does the SCDS2 even play FLV files so you can download Youtube videos and watch them with your DSi?
The iPlayer does that as well. Since the iPlayer was (suspected) made by the Supercard Folks, I would assume that the SCDS2 would have the same and more features.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
giratina16 said:
I'm really not sure if I want an EX4i or a SCDStwo, considering EX4i is coming out in the next 2 weeks and a tester in 1 week, I'm really unsure.
Why are people so pumped for the EX4i anyway? We know even less about it than the we do the SCDStwo, for one.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
giratina16 said:
I'm really not sure if I want an EX4i or a SCDStwo, considering EX4i is coming out in the next 2 weeks and a tester in 1 week, I'm really unsure.
Why are people so pumped for the EX4i anyway? We know even less about it than the we do the SCDStwo, for one.
For another, it just looks like an R4 clone based off the SCDS2

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you got a CycloDS Evolution instead of, say, the M3 Real, you probably don't really care about playing GBA games, right? If that's the case, the SCDS2 probably isn't worth it. Just stick with the CycloDS Evolution for now, and get one if the features prove to be really good.

acturus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
if the SCDS2 does what it says it's going to, it will definitely be worth it, but we haven't really seen any hands on for it so it's hard to say if it's gonna rock. i am just going to wait for a review before making a decision

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I pre-ordered one back when the $30 deal was on, and I'm pretty excited to get it and try it out. Although I've already got a CycloDS (about a year old, now), $30 was just too great a price to pass on for something with all the features of the DSTWO. I'll probably still stick to playing GBA games using my slot-2 M3 GBA Expansion with GBA ExpLoader (playing the games from hardware still seems a better solution than emulation, since I have still have a DS Lite), but I wanted one anyway for the novelty.

For DSi owners, I imagine it'd be an even more worthwhile purchase, since there aren't really any other options when it comes to playing GBA games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.