Hacking To Be honest Gateway 2.01b is useless/meh

player3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this thread is useless. Actually, I was considering updating to 2.0 but I decided not to for similar reasons. I think it's great that 2.0beta got released so people can test it and get familiar with it and find bugs, but personally I don't want to start using it yet because I would prefer something more stable.

ELok

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also think this thread is useful, as much as a "I love 2.0b" thread.

As someone who is still wondering which card to buy, I also like to read about the one that hate the update.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure the save issue only happens when you receive data from spotpass or streetpass when you press home (blue or grenn light flashing after you pressed home) if that happens, try not to close the software but press the home button again and save again and then repress home and if no light is flashing press close. I'm not a 100% sure of this but the only times the issue happened to me was when I had notifications. Let us know if that fixes the porb for you

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
NOT TRUE!
I can confirm myself that mario party works using local multiplayer and download play.
Me and The wife had played a game just fine using my second 3ds on 6.3 fw.

All you have to do is go to multiplayer menu in mario party, there will be a lobby there with your name as the first entry.
On the 2nd 3ds go to main menu, download play and the game will begin downloading.

On the 3ds with mario party running (on the gw) the screen will now show the second 3ds' name as the second entry.
From there you select start game (unless you are connecting more players) and choose the game type and map you want to play.

And i dont believe mario party has online multiplayer as an option so connecting thru wifi isnt even possible.

Just saying, it's not working for mee too, I got a screen saying a communication error has occured, but I'm almost 100% sure it's a region issue since the game is US and my 3DS and probably his are from EU (But this game come out in EU only in january). Also do you use 6.3.0 emunand or not? That may makes a difference too.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
A good idea would be if Gateway had official support staff inside the forum, that way you have people talking directly to the team with querys instead of 100s of people emailing them the same thing, day in and day out, as for OP, seems like personal experience, like others has said, the freeze is specific to certain people, maybe specific types of cards, i personally either leave blue card in or no card at all till in GW mode, and cant remember last freeze, eshop works fine for purchase and play, local multiplayers works for games and download play, online play is available in classic mode, just seems the GW mode patching disables online play or possibly Nintendo has some type of security implemented, Saving is hit and miss sometimes, Still waiting for someone to verify that your saves are still there if you just power off and doesnt have a save on sd next load, or will this cause game to reinitialize and wipe save ??

Reactions: hashcheck1

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saying, it's not working for mee too, I got a screen saying a communication error has occured, but I'm almost 100% sure it's a region issue since the game is US and my 3DS and probably his are from EU (But this game come out in EU only in january). Also do you use 6.3.0 emunand or not? That may makes a difference too.

Yea, i have emunand updated to 6.3. and the original fw 3ds updated to 6.3
and region of both 3ds is US.

So you're right, it might be a region issue for some.

But it certainly works for me, might make a vid later on if others need it for proof or are having trouble etc.
Btw, at what point do you get the communication error, when you first select multiplayer or are you able to reach the lobby area?

P.S. sorry to the original poster, but it definitely isnt a gateway issue.
Hopefully the EU version is ripped in january for the rest of you EU guys.

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
When I click on multiplayer I got the error just after the loading screen, no lobby or anything. I directly suspected getting a out of region rom so I looked at it and saw I had a US version and the EU version isn't out yet. I have 6.3.0 emunand. Definitly not realy a gateway issue

Reactions: hashcheck1

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't people using this to be able to play legit copy of Pokémon X/Y without having to physical update their console to the latest version from 4.5? Sounds somewhat good to me. I wonder if it works with R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
To be honest you're talking bullshit, first it doesn't freeze to everyone just some people, second it works and saves fine for alot of people including me, also you can access the eshop to buy games that work onlne, you can't play online with any card not just gateway, and last stop whining.
3DSLink say they have online working in 3.0.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3DSLink say they have online working in 3.0.

Didn't say while using roms.

"We can enter into the ESHOP ,and can play online game!"

Could quite easily mean, online play with originals and eshop titles. Just as gateway can when it classic mode or whatever it's called.

ridiucle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think this thread is useless. Actually, I was considering updating to 2.0 but I decided not to for similar reasons. I think it's great that 2.0beta got released so people can test it and get familiar with it and find bugs, but personally I don't want to start using it yet because I would prefer something more stable.
the intention of this thread was for people like you

the ones who really are on the fence about updating at the moment if they dont really care for the new zelda and stuff which more then likely wont save which does not work for more people then it does work.

and i guess Arnold0 worked it out
yes i have an pal 3ds and the second you click the multiplayer button it just shwos the mushroom loading and communication error after 3 seconds

people complaining that its beta they obviously didnt read as i said i know its beta and putting that aside..

and there will always be people defending crap just look at steam forums there are people still defending the war z

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the ones who really are on the fence about updating at the moment if they dont really care for the new zelda and stuff which more then likely wont save which does not work for more people then it does work.

yes i have an pal 3ds and the second you click the multiplayer button it just shwos the mushroom loading and communication error after 3 seconds

people complaining that its beta they obviously didnt read as i said i know its beta and putting that aside..

and there will always be people defending crap just look at steam forums there are people still defending the war z

Sorry, still can't hear you over LoZ and Phoenix Wright on 4.5 firmware... working perfectly....

I had issues booting once, but now I keep my 3DS in sleep mode 24/7 and nothing bad has happened. All saving is good, Phoenix Wright and eShop are great. I can finally play Pushmo again :D

There won't be many like me here to defend this and say it works, because we're too busy playing games the other pieces 'o crap flashcarts can't!

Reactions: cateater1 and CJL18

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States

Not being able to connect to Mario party has nothing to do with gateway being a beta

Trying to connect with a pal 3ds with a USA ROM and wondering why your getting communication errors really questions your intelligence cheif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F