Hacking To 5.5.2 browserhax users

Nimrod-002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
i m on 5.5.1 and i m thinking of updating to hopefully fix an occasional boot problem, i use browserhax to launch kexploit10 then launch Mocha which works 100% of the times.
what are the success rates of launching kexploit10 then Mocha on 5.5.2 web browser?

NatsumiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i m on 5.5.1 and i m thinking of updating to hopefully fix an occasional boot problem, i use browserhax to launch kexploit10 then launch Mocha which works 100% of the times.
what are the success rates of launching kexploit10 then Mocha on 5.5.2 web browser?
5.5.2 only has Sleepiihax which.. fails a lot. (And waiting for your mii to start sleeping takes like ~10 seconds, every single time)
If you really want to update to 5.5.2, get Haxchi first.

Last edited by NatsumiX,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if kexploit10 works on 5.5.2. I'm on 5.5.2, and the only browser hack that works is stUpIIdHax, which has an extremely low success rate (it took me about 5 minutes constant trying and a few crashes to get it working). If you're updating, you should upgrade to Haxchi. It's only $7, and can be used to upgrade (for free) to CBHC, allowing you to boot into a CFW on boot. Just, install Haxchi before you update, to save the pain of trying to get into the HBL on 5.5.2 without a CFW.

Nimrod-002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I'm not sure if kexploit10 works on 5.5.2. I'm on 5.5.2, and the only browser hack that works is stUpIIdHax, which has an extremely low success rate (it took me about 5 minutes constant trying and a few crashes to get it working). If you're updating, you should upgrade to Haxchi. It's only $7, and can be used to upgrade (for free) to CBHC, allowing you to boot into a CFW on boot. Just, install Haxchi before you update, to save the pain of trying to get into the HBL on 5.5.2 without a CFW.

i know about hakchi but i don't have a credit card to purchase eshop games with, its common to have one where you're from but a rarity where i live.
i remember reading that some 5.5.2 users can reliably use browserhax so i wanted to check with them.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Success rate of the browser hack is very low. If you can avoid updating/can't get haxchi stay on the older firm

Nimrod-002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Maybe explain your boot issue?
We might be able to help you fix it so you can stay on 5.5.1
the first console boot of the day results 80% of the times in blue light turning but no response on the tv screen or gamepad so i hold the the power button for 4 secs then boot it normally with the (holding power button for 4 seconds prompt showing on screen) then i can use the console with no issues for the rest of the session.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first console boot of the day results 80% of the times in blue light turning but no response on the tv screen or gamepad so i hold the the power button for 4 secs then boot it normally with the (holding power button for 4 seconds prompt showing on screen) then i can use the console with no issues for the rest of the session.
Updating to 5.5.2 is highly unlikely to fix your problem, unless you messed with the system files before this.

In other words, do not update to 5.5.2 unless you're prepared to pay money and setup Haxchi.

D

Deleted-351540

Updating to 5.5.2 is highly unlikely to fix your problem, unless you messed with the system files before this.

In other words, do not update to 5.5.2 unless you're prepared to pay money and setup Haxchi.
This is absolutely true and something I wish I had known before updating to 5.5.2. Oh well, I have CBHC now.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
i know about hakchi but i don't have a credit card to purchase eshop games with, its common to have one where you're from but a rarity where i live.
i remember reading that some 5.5.2 users can reliably use browserhax so i wanted to check with them.

Are prepaid cards an option? Where I live you can get prepaid debit cards (albeit with an activation fee), prepaid eshop credit or worst case a grey market site like cdkeys.

Reactions: Nimrod-002

Pealvepo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I used Sleepiihax for a long wile (I recently got Haxchi), and my experience with it was actually pretty confortable. The exploit didn't work like... 1 out of 8 times for me, it's really not that bad.

But I rarely used it... only to try some homebrews and stuff, so don't take my experience as.. well, reliable.

Reactions: Nimrod-002

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Get a prepaid card in a shop. 10€/$ is really worth it for the convenience

Reactions: SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Nintendo makes $5, $10, $25, and $50 eShop cards that you can buy, generally for the purpose of a gift. But you should buy a $25, get Haxchi, and maybe buy another small game for yourself.

Nimrod-002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
i m an idiot. a very lucky idiot. i was browsing the ds section of the eshop and brain age was listed as purchased idk why i didn't think to check before. it seems my second hand wii u (third hand actually) downloaded the game back when it was free. thank you all. i already installed Hakchi. should i CBHC

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i m an idiot. a very lucky idiot. i was browsing the ds section of the eshop and brain age was listed as purchased idk why i didn't think to check before. it seems my second hand wii u (third hand actually) downloaded the game back when it was free. thank you all. i already installed Hakchi. should i CBHC
NO. If the NNID that purchased Brain Age is deleted, unlinked, or in any way it's purchases made invalid, and you have CBHC, you will BRICK.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't understand CBHC fully, you should not use it. Human error with CBHC can cause an unrecoverable brick.

Haxchi is 100% safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs