Homebrew TMD files preservation

kajik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As many of you probably know, Nintendo has started to decomission the DSi Shop: it's no longer possible to buy DSiWare titles from the shop and at some point even the ability to re-download legitimately purchased contents will be removed.
Games reinstallation will still be possible for those fortunate enough to have NAND read/write access (either by using an exploit or by soldering on the DSi motherboard) by directly injecting the game in the system memory, but this operation will require three things:
1) the game's app file (AKA srl, AKA nds);
2) the game's tmd file;
3) a ticket linking the game with the specific console.
Tickets can be easily forged and app files can be obtained in a number of ways (e.g. dumping them from a 3DS); obtaining tmd files is more tricky: those files are currently distributed by Nintendo via their NUS servers (which will stop hosting them sooner or later), and some of them are no longer available even there.
A user of this forum (@metroid maniac) dumped a large number of TMD files (1489), and I started adding to his collection every TMD that I could get my hands on, raising the number of available TMDs to 1588. The eztended archived is attached to this post.

Unfortunately, there are 2 TMDs which are no longer available from NUS and that I was not able to find anywhere:
Code:
000300044b32444a DSIMOVIE     Nintendo DSi + Internet - Nintendo
000300044b385545 NFN          Nintendo Fan Network
The TMDs for Legends of Exidia and Fieldrunners (EUR editions) would be extremely useful as those two games are exploitable and can be used as entrypoints for homebrews. The archive now includes the TMDs for Legends of Exidia and Fieldrunners (thank you, @DinohScene).
The remaining missing titles corresponds to preinstalled apps and are currently not very useful, but I'd like to include them in the archive just to be safe. Edit: thanks to @8BitWalugi the archive now includes both the USA and EUR+AUS versions of "Nintendo DSi + Internet".
If someone were able to obtain the TMDs corresponding to one or more of the games listed above I'd appreciate if they could send them to me... TMDs can also be extracted from a DSi if the game is currently installed, I can offer assistance on how to do that to anyone interested.

Edit: apparently the following titles have never been released on the DSi shop and their TMDs probably don't exist.
Code:
000300044b394b4a NINTENDOJI   Nintendo
000300045a32414a SAWARUWARIOI さわるメイドインワリオ DL - Nintendo
000300045a324150 SAWARUWARIOI WarioWare: Touched! DL - Nintendo
000300045a324154 SAWARUWARIOI WarioWare: Touched! DL - Nintendo
000300045a32454a DSWARS2J     ファミコンウォーズDS - ~うしなわれたひかり~ DL - Nintendo

Attachments

• tmds.7z
    469.7 KB · Views: 1,996
Last edited by kajik,

kajik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nintendoji, Advance Wars, and WarioWare were only released on the 3DS eShop.
Good to know, I will edit the first post accordingly.
I was under the impression that those titles were available as DSi games because they do exist in srl format with a DSi-style title id (00030004*), so I assumed that they could be purchased/installed from the DSi shop.

SkylarTheNerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As many of you probably know, Nintendo has started to decomission the DSi Shop: it's no longer possible to buy DSiWare titles from the shop and at some point even the ability to re-download legitimately purchased contents will be removed.
Games reinstallation will still be possible for those fortunate enough to have NAND read/write access (either by using an exploit or by soldering on the DSi motherboard) by directly injecting the game in the system memory, but this operation will require three things:
2) the game's tmd file;
Tickets can be easily forged and app files can be obtained in a number of ways (e.g. dumping them from a 3DS); obtaining tmd files is more tricky: those files are currently distributed by Nintendo via their NUS servers (which will stop hosting them sooner or later), and some of them are no longer available even there.
A user of this forum (@metroid maniac) dumped a large number of TMD files (1489), and I started adding to his collection every TMD that I could get my hands on, raising the number of available TMDs to 1588. The eztended archived is attached to this post.

Unfortunately, there are 2 TMDs which are no longer available from NUS and that I was not able to find anywhere:
Code:
The TMDs for Legends of Exidia and Fieldrunners (EUR editions) would be extremely useful as those two games are exploitable and can be used as entrypoints for homebrews. The archive now includes the TMDs for Legends of Exidia and Fieldrunners (thank you, @DinohScene).
The remaining missing titles corresponds to preinstalled apps and are currently not very useful, but I'd like to include them in the archive just to be safe. Edit: thanks to @8BitWalugi the archive now includes both the USA and EUR+AUS versions of "Nintendo DSi + Internet".
If someone were able to obtain the TMDs corresponding to one or more of the games listed above I'd appreciate if they could send them to me... TMDs can also be extracted from a DSi if the game is currently installed, I can offer assistance on how to do that to anyone interested.

Edit: apparently the following titles have never been released on the DSi shop and their TMDs probably don't exist.
Code:

I'm just now getting into this, so are there any tutorials as to how I can hack my DSi to run a DSiHax entry point? I don't mean to be a gafwen, I just want to get into this.

kajik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Noob here, Does this mean we can pirate DSiWare now or am i an idiot?
Not really, TMD files are only a bunch of metadata that is required to launch a game, but you still need 1) the actual game data and 2) a valid ticket for the game.

ahezard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not really, TMD files are only a bunch of metadata that is required to launch a game, but you still need 1) the actual game data and 2) a valid ticket for the game.
You do not need a valid ticket, you can create an invalid ticket file and it will work anyway.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
i could dump dsi + internet if you want.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Attachments

• its-usa-tho (xxxxxx45).zip
    460 bytes · Views: 379

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2) the game's tmd file;

Code:

Code:
I can give you the DSIMOVE TMD as I still have it on my SD card

Reactions: MarioMasta64

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
i could dump dsi + internet if you want.

I can give you the DSIMOVE TMD as I still have it on my SD card

The missing DSi+Internet files are for the Japanese version. Note the code, 000300044b32444a. This corresponds with the region identifiers listed on DSiBrew. I already submitted the USA and EUR DSi+Internet .tmd's haha

Last edited by 8BitWalugi,

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone here confirm that
wario ware snapped: 00030004 4b555745
and
four swords: 00030004 4b513945
are correct?
WarioWare: Snapped! is on http://dsibrew.org/wiki/Title_list, so I'm fairly certain that one's correct.
I can guarantee that Four Swords is correct personally, since I have installed it on several DSis at this point. :P

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but wario ware snapped was never released for dsi iirc. and ah. thank you.
Yeah it was. It actually came preinstalled on my Matte Blue DSi (meaning I have a "legit" ticket for it, but those are apparently useless on the DSi. :P)
WarioWare: Touched, on the other hand, was a 3DS-only DSiWare release. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of? :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night