^^title-2459^^

Jepeto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
please someone, post the rules for this four games, they look very good, but how do you play them!!!!

I tried every one of them for a minute each and the only one that i could get something is for this one.

yes i know i have to play them more but i dont have time now.
smile.gif

JapanLover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
please someone, post the rules for this four games, they look very good, but how do you play them!!!!

I tried every one of them for a minute each and the only one that i could get something is for this one.

yes i know i have to play them more but i dont have time now. smile.gif

try watching the videos on the bit generations site...

might help.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it sucks that all these games are 128 mb. It looks so minimalistic. I suppose the sound is all samples or something.

My old F2A cart is only 128 mb and transfer rate is slow as hell.

Ah well, I should be glad I CAN at least play it...I'm such a lucky person
wink.gif

DirtyH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
all seven bit generation games work fine for me on my supercard minisd

did you use the sc software to patch the roms?

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno guys. I liked the idea of dialhex, but I figure they could have spruced up the graphics with some fancy effects and some better sound. (Wouldn't hurt to speed up the pace a bit and include some great scoring system and unlockables).

They could have expanded it and made it into a nicely presentable full on game (visions of meteos), and not some cheap throwaway game.

And though I'm using dialhex as an example, I feel the same about the other bit games.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I dunno guys. I liked the idea of dialhex, but I figure they could have spruced up the graphics with some fancy effects and some better sound. (Wouldn't hurt to speed up the pace a bit and include some great scoring system and unlockables).
The pace increases the more progress you make in the game. You need to connect a certain number of coloured hexagons to unlock new colour parts and speed the game. You can also hold both L and R triggers to speed up the falling parts.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

They could have expanded it and made it into a nicely presentable full on game (visions of meteos), and not some cheap throwaway game.

And though I'm using dialhex as an example, I feel the same about the other bit games.
I feel the exact opposite. With comlex graphics and anoying mainstream sounds, Dialhex would have been a superfluous piece of crap. The way it is it's a stylish, albeit a bit boring puzzle game. Dotstream would not be possible with different graphics. The minimalistic style is what makes these games special.

I guess I've played too many puzzle games to like Coloris. It's nice, better than Dialhex and Digidrive in my opinion, but nowhere near as amazing as Orbital, Soundvoyager or Dotstream. Those three are really must-haves.

_Oz_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I totally agree with OrR. Minimalism has it's unevitable charm. It's like listening to Philip Glass music, at first impression it's plain and monotonous, but before it gets boring you just realize hidden accents and changes and variations. Actually Bit Generation is a purified, distilled gameplay - with no fancy graphics and songs and minimal presentation, pure idea that grabs you and won't release.
smile.gif
Like arkanoid and tetris and ping-pong - it doesn't really matter what kind of graphic is used to implement those ideas, could as well be programmed for text-mode terminals in 70s
smile.gif

I like Coloris, but one thing I can't understand, please, tell me if you know: How to understand if color of the square will be changed to darker or brighter (to the left or to the right of the scale
smile.gif
) when I'll press "A"?

Jepeto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
I have a friend who is speaks and reads japanese fluently. I guess I have a new project for him
smile.gif
(or rather 7 new projects for him!)
biggrin.gif

That would be great, he can at least traduce the "How To Play" intructions in the japanese bit generation site and make a general FAQ.
biggrin.gif

Kreven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Basically the game works like rainbow and gradients do. (really!)

When you select a "stage", it gives you a preview of the stage's tiles colors. (ex.: red, dark orange, light orange, yellow)

When you're on the playfield, notice the color of the cursor thingie. If it's red, you'll be able to shift the colors from yellow to red, and if it's yellow, you'll be to shift color from red to yellow. Depending of how many colors and which colors the stage offers, the cursor will randomly change between these colors.

Earlier stages are easy (4 colors), but later on you'll have a full rainbow of colors where selecting the wrong color shifting will result in locking the current tile.

Special 'X' tiles will also clear tiles in diagonals, and special 'O' tiles will clear all the tiles of the same color on the playfield.

This bg title offers lots and lots to unlock (Clear mode, playfield templates...), and is easily one of the best from the two series IMHO.

4cr says 'Hi'.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo