EvilNick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Closed- thanks

Is there anything really special to installing tinfoil? I downloaded the NRO self installer and put it in the switch folder and it sees it but crashes on startup and wont install. Thats ALL I did last night though due to time then did further reading today

NOW

from my further reading you need to

1) use fusee to boot into atmosphere in order to install/use tinfoil (correct?) but will this also mess up my hekate payload or you can just go back and forth with no issues since its all pre boot?

2) have to put the sigpatches into the atmosphere folder

3) am I using the correct tinfoil version or should I be using the NRO applet or NSP? is there a way to tell?

Thanks

Im going to try and finish this tonight if I have time and also try the overclock hack as well.

Last edited by EvilNick,

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You get the error message because you don't have sigpatch installed.

Download latest sigpatch from here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/
or the github release here:
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

Extract them to sd card and edit the hetake_ipl.ini:
If you are already booting with fusee.bin, you don't need to change anything.
If you are booting with package3, you need to change your emunand entry to following:
Code:
[Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

Save and boot emunand, the problem should be fixed.

Reactions: EvilNick

EvilNick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You get the error message because you don't have sigpatch installed.

Download latest sigpatch from here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/
or the github release here:
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

Extract them to sd card and edit the hetake_ipl.ini:
If you are already booting with fusee.bin, you don't need to change anything.
If you are booting with package3, you need to change your emunand entry to following:
Code:
[Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

Save and boot emunand, the problem should be fixed.
is it possible to just change to fusee or will that mess things up?

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course you can, add another entry that points to fusee.bin:
[Atmosphere Fusee]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

At this point i'd say there's no difference between fusee and fss0 booting, just keep using what you already have.

EvilNick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course you can, add another entry that points to fusee.bin:
[Atmosphere Fusee]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

At this point i'd say there's no difference between fusee and fss0 booting, just keep using what you already have.
thanks!

having trouble locating that ini to alter to allow hetake to boot it. put sigs in and still errors. also i just realized that code you put is for the 3rd option, what would i be altering in the ini to make tinfoil work with hetake. im only looking for nsp installation nothing more. if there is an easier option for that other than tinfoil I would do it. Im not interested in their rom store or anything like that for game downloads. primarily my switch is used for chiaki now,

Last edited by EvilNick,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh, nice. I guess I can start using it again.
Not that I particularly want to, after all of blawar's bullshit, paired with the fact that the Tinfoil shops are all dead as Google shut down the .edu gdrives.
The only way Tinfoil shops can continue to exist now is with paid hosting as Google is putting a new 100TB limit per school on .edu google apps as well as a much smaller per-user limit.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, nice. I guess I can start using it again.
Not that I particularly want to, after all of blawar's bullshit, paired with the fact that the Tinfoil shops are all dead as Google shut down the .edu gdrives.
The only way Tinfoil shops can continue to exist now is with paid hosting as Google is putting a new 100TB limit per school on .edu google apps as well as a much smaller per-user limit.

You’re absolutely correct, Unfortunate historical situations all round, no questions for sure.

I think shops are the big draw for beginners. If it weren’t for the shops then straightforward installers like Tinwoo or Goldleaf are much easier to install and use and should be first choice straight out the gate for n00bs.

Anyway…I’m preaching to the choir as you’re way beyond that. I appreciate all your contributions to the community! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1