The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svalbard
I got a weird error from Tinfoil now that sort of spells out that the Tinfoil devs are mad at the Kosmos devs? It doesn't work anymore, how can I install NSP's and such now? I am on 10.0.0.

EDIT: Pressed B to continue, and it is a black screen with no options.

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

Schadrach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil dev (blawar) has had an ongoing feud with Kosmos devs for a long time. He just moved from "unsupported, but if you can make it work, go for it" to "explicitly blocked" recently.

You have a few options here:

1. Switch to SXOS.
2. Switch to an Atmosphere fork called NEUTOS, which blawar supports. It's basically Atmosphere with sigpatches included and no write restrictions for anything running on the device, whereas stock Atmosphere blocks writes to certain parts of your Switch for most software running.
3. Continue using Kosmos, but use a different NSP installer, such as Awoo or Goldleaf.

Without doing anything super involved, those are your main options.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
I got a weird error from Tinfoil now that sort of spells out that the Tinfoil devs are mad at the Kosmos devs? It doesn't work anymore, how can I install NSP's and such now? I am on 10.0.0.

EDIT: Pressed B to continue, and it is a black screen with no options.
tinfoil just deleted kosmos

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svalbard
Tinfoil dev (blawar) has had an ongoing feud with Kosmos devs for a long time. He just moved from "unsupported, but if you can make it work, go for it" to "explicitly blocked" recently.

You have a few options here:

1. Switch to SXOS.
2. Switch to an Atmosphere fork called NEUTOS, which blawar supports. It's basically Atmosphere with sigpatches included and no write restrictions for anything running on the device, whereas stock Atmosphere blocks writes to certain parts of your Switch for most software running.
3. Continue using Kosmos, but use a different NSP installer, such as Awoo or Goldleaf.

Without doing anything super involved, those are your main options.

Can't believe I was right about it, but it kinda seems obvious. Pity.

Thanks, if you could answer one more question: how do I use Goldleaf? What are the simple steps to install an NSP or XCI from the microSD or PC?

Schadrach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't believe I was right about it, but it kinda seems obvious. Pity.

Thanks, if you could answer one more question: how do I use Goldleaf? What are the simple steps to install an NSP or XCI from the microSD or PC?

Only used Goldleaf with my mac laptop, but with it I just ran NS-USBLoader, loaded up the NSPs in NS-USBLoader, told goldleaf to go to USB, hit the upload button in NS-USBLoader and the NSPs appeared in Goldleaf. At that point, you just pick one and tell it you want to install.

It's not as slick as a Tinfoil shop, but it's not difficult.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

kaygeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
all checks are disabled for people with sxos licenses. All of the people who are complaining do not have a sxos license.
@blawar Not true!! i have bought the SXOS license after you told me. and now I updated to Kosmos 15.6 and FW version 10.0.1
And i get error when starting Tinfoil / Hbg shop.
and if i add the:

kip1=atmosphere/kips/*

or

kip1=atmosphere/kips/ams_mitm.kip

I get black screen!

Please disable checks for ppl with licenses man!

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blawar Not true!! i have bought the SXOS license after you told me. and now I updated to Kosmos 15.6 and FW version 10.0.1
And i get error when starting Tinfoil / Hbg shop.
and if i add the:

kip1=atmosphere/kips/*

or

kip1=atmosphere/kips/ams_mitm.kip

I get black screen!

Please disable checks for ppl with licenses man!

that isn’t a license issue, that is a lack of acid patches issue. It’s not tinfoil refusing to load, it’s your cfw refusing to load tinfoil due to lack of ptches

Reactions: kaygeee

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I didn't know having a license.dat allows Tinfoil to work with Kosmos. Thanks for the info guys.
I bought an SX OS license 2 years ago but recently got rid of it because I switched to Atmosphere and thought I'd no longer need it, so I was struggling to figure out how to use them at the same time. I just generated a license.dat again and put it in the root of my SD card, and confirmed Tinfoil is working with Kosmos v15.6 on emuMMC 10.0.1. I didn't even need NEUTOS.

I hear there's a friction between the devs, but I'm wondering why the Tinfoil dev allows Kosmos users to use it as long as they have an SX OS license? Not that I'm complaining...

Last edited by Emenaria,

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

kaygeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes i installed those and got rid of this: ams_mitm.kip

it works but you need have Tinfoil v45 or higher

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I didn't know having a license.dat allows Tinfoil to work with Kosmos. Thanks for the info guys.
I bought an SX OS license 2 years ago but recently got rid of it because I switched to Atmosphere and thought I'd no longer need it, so I was struggling to figure out how to use them at the same time. I just generated a license.dat again and put it in the root of my SD card, and confirmed Tinfoil is working with Kosmos v15.6 on emuMMC 10.0.1. I didn't even need NEUTOS.

I hear there's a friction between the devs, but I'm wondering why the Tinfoil dev allows Kosmos users to use it as long as they have an SX OS license? Not that I'm complaining...
I think that's reasonable if the maker or the tinfoil wants credit for it he can have it.
As long as it keeps working for us anywhere.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its actually difficult to detect cfw running. SXOS just werks for everything, I make the assumption that if they have a sxos license, and if something isn’t working they have the ability to just boot up sxos and have it work. In my experience this his how sxos users who are on atmosphere for whatever reason typically behave.

while I do have political disagreements with Kosmos, the reason I block them is purely for technical reasons. The politics are just a bonus. If kosmos would follow scene standards, everyone would be better off.

Reactions: Emenaria

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If kosmos would follow scene standards, everyone would be better off.
You're the one not following the "scene standard" that is a standardized homebrew environment, and you're the one requiring NAND privileges unneeded for anything other than Incognito. This is all your choice, of course, but the gaslighting is embarrassing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P