Hacking Question Tinfoil with Kosmos?

playsaves3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its actually difficult to detect cfw running. SXOS just werks for everything, I make the assumption that if they have a sxos license, and if something isn’t working they have the ability to just boot up sxos and have it work. In my experience this his how sxos users who are on atmosphere for whatever reason typically behave.

while I do have political disagreements with Kosmos, the reason I block them is purely for technical reasons. The politics are just a bonus. If kosmos would follow scene standards, everyone would be better off.
I have atmosphere how would I go about booting it if I want to use tinfoil?

ElLelos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there. Solution for me to get Tinfoil and HBG runnin on Kosmos on Firmware 10.0::
You need:
-Kosmos 15.6
-SX OS Licence
-SX OS 2.9.5 Beta
-Switch on Firmware 10.0
-Sigpaches from
https://github.com/HarukoNX/Atmosphere/releases

Boot to SXOS, Install Tinfoil/HBG over HB Menu.
Start Tinfoil/HBG one time on SXOS.
Restart Switch and boot into Kosmos.
Enjoy Tinfoil on Kosmos :)

Last edited by ElLelos,

DevL0rd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its actually difficult to detect cfw running. SXOS just werks for everything, I make the assumption that if they have a sxos license, and if something isn’t working they have the ability to just boot up sxos and have it work. In my experience this his how sxos users who are on atmosphere for whatever reason typically behave.

while I do have political disagreements with Kosmos, the reason I block them is purely for technical reasons. The politics are just a bonus. If kosmos would follow scene standards, everyone would be better off.

Wow. You really are a piece of work. There really is literally no reason to block Kosmos. It runs perfectly fine without any issues when worked around.

Guess I'm going to goldleaf.

Last edited by DevL0rd,
Reactions: MonMonz

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a working way of using tinfoil and Kosmos? (Not going to buy SXOS) I’m currently chainloading neutos but for updates I’d prefer Kosmos

deejay87

Trophies
Website
deejay87.fr
XP
Country
France
No Tinfoil on Kosmos, and you don't need kosmos too, update hekate it's very easy, 99% it's the files of folder sys (better to do this yourself, you understantd what you do) only and the payload to use

Birbb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any chances tinfoil will work with the new minimal-kosmos? Or is the beef about hekate?
More so Kosmos, why do you want to use it I wonder? It's just Atmosphere bundled with a bunch of stuff out of box you could grab on your own.

CrickAnt

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
there is a much simpler solution.

tinfoil only checks for the presence of certain files / folders.

just rename the kosmos folders with goldleaf before starting tinfoil and everything works (remember to rename them again later)

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just switch back to vanilla Atmosphere, don't think they plan of adding support from Kosmos/Hekate to Tinfoil in the future.

The problem is first foremost Kosmos then Hekate, no problems with Atmoshpere and Fusee.

CrickAnt

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just switch back to vanilla Atmosphere, don't think they plan of adding support from Kosmos/Hekate to Tinfoil in the future.

The problem is first foremost Kosmos then Hekate, no problems with Atmoshpere and Fusee.

there are no problems even with hekate and kosmos. the only problem is that it is deliberately blocked by a check on the presence of some files, but you just have to get around it and everything works perfectly ...

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after updating my switch and finding out i could no longer install newer NSPs with tinfoil i switched to Atmoshpere and goldleaf. im not sure who is mad at who, and for what. if the creator of tinfoil wants to block his creation from working with someone else over some principle then thats his right. i will not be using it in the future. i dont want to find out its not working again over some issue he is having with someone again and makes the people that uses his code have to find a work around. not being disrespectful. just dont want to sift through the drama to install a NSP. even if it is a free piece of software. maybe i dont understand whats really going on. so take what i said with a grain of salt.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not just Tinfoil, Kosmos has problem with some sysmodules which is what made me switch back to vanilla Atmosphere.

Don't get me wrong, I love the convenience of Kosmos and it performs pretty much identical to vanilla Atmosphere but again, there's problems with certain apps (Tinfoil) and sysmodules that I just made me switch back to vanilla Atmosphere which I had initially since I modded my Switch.

I can't speak for everyone because some may have had their Kosmos/Hetake setup for very long but since I'm fairly new to the Switch hacking scene I don't mind switching back and forth to try out whichever one works best me.

Last edited by Nemix77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii