Hacking Question Tinfoil Install Error

Geridious4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New hacker, just completed the process today, everything went smoothly, however went i go to install the Tinfoil, I get the error 2016-0060 and then I see it on the main menu with no image but a circle loading icon overtop so when i click it again, checks software information but then I get the error code again,

any help be greatly appreciated thanks so much.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The error is related to the module that manages games installations but the errorcode is not documented yet :
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Error_codes

Have you tried installing the title to the internal NAND?
If that works, it's maybe something with your SD card.

If Tinfoil doesn't work, maybe try GoldLeaf to figure out if it is Tinfoil or something more system related.
Also make sure to use the latest version of Tinfoil/GoldLeaf.
A lot of stuff gets fixed often.

Sbeng90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New hacker, just completed the process today, everything went smoothly, however went i go to install the Tinfoil, I get the error 2016-0060 and then I see it on the main menu with no image but a circle loading icon overtop so when i click it again, checks software information but then I get the error code again,

any help be greatly appreciated thanks so much.
same problem here,did you guys find a solution??

evilpetervenkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. i just figured this out. you need to update your firmware by downloading and installing the latest version. Not from nintendo because that will brick your system. there are install videos on how to do this. i had about 10 games i downloaded and only 3 worked because the firmware was 4.1.0 and not the latest version 11.0.1

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. i just figured this out. you need to update your firmware by downloading and installing the latest version. Not from nintendo because that will brick your system. there are install videos on how to do this. i had about 10 games i downloaded and only 3 worked because the firmware was 4.1.0 and not the latest version 11.0.1
What? Nintendo's firmware files will not brick you. And videos are one of the least reliable sources of information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1