Hacking Question tinfoil cannot open/install xci

icefox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was an sx os user and am now switching to atmosphere because sx os wasn't updated anymore. I am able to setup tinfoil and install nsp via usb. but I have a game only available in xci and tinfoil can't open/install the file. it gives a "failed to open NSP" error (even if the file is a xci). Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Also I tried to convert the xci to NSP with 4nxci, it's asking for keys.dat. I found people saying I can dump my own keys with lockpick. It generated prod and title keys, but not keys.dat. I downloaded a keys.dat and used 4nxci -k keys.dat command but the program is still not loading.

I know sx os doesn't have the best reputation but I gotta say for a regular user who's not followed years of cfw development, it's so much easier to use... all key functions are in one interface and I never had any problem (until they stopped updating)...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil doesn't play well with a lot of files. Use Awoo-Installer or TinWoo instead.

Honestly, Tinfoil's only real use is to function as a Tinfoil Shop.

Reactions: Maupiti

icefox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks I'm checking out awoo now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wow it's working now. thanks so much!

I still miss sx os... but it seems they are dead for good.

Belstone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Tinfoil doesn't play well with a lot of files. Use Awoo-Installer or TinWoo instead.

Honestly, Tinfoil's only real use is to function as a Tinfoil Shop.
Thank you! I've spent the last several hours trying to install a BoTW .xci with Tinfoil via a LAN connection only to have it fail multiple times. I tried Awoo-Installer along with NS-usbloader and is copied over and installed in under ten minutes!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...