Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by DeVS, Mar 15, 2007.

Mar 15, 2007

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 by DeVS at 7:03 PM (1,127 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. DeVS
    OP

Newcomer DeVS Advanced Member

United States
    Anyone else disappointed in this title? Same (but worse) control problems as with Wii Sports Golf. When you pull back and swing forward it doesn't do that good a job of recognizing the motion. Also I found myself behind a bush that the graphics of a PS1 game.

2. Scha

Newcomer Scha Advanced Member

Norway
    I was disappointed with the graphics, but the controls work fine when you get used to them. Its a pretty good game, but not nearly as good as i had hoped.

3. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    yes 08 will be better, but i was happy with the swing mechanics and decent graphics

4. Dazimus

Member Dazimus GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I thought the graphics were really quite poor, surprising by EA's standards (who usually have a bias with graphics over gameplay)

5. anthony99

Newcomer anthony99 Newbie

United Kingdom
    i think it looks a good game ....once you master the controls!

6. Phunt

Newcomer Phunt Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    LMAO. This gets said every year with tiger woods, and EA still manage to F$%^ it up every year. So now im waiting for 08 on the 360 or PS3 to see if we can actually play it online properly. EA sux

7. Warm Woolly Shee

Member Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hate the controls, but I think the graphics are fine.

If it used Wii Sports Golf control method, it would be epic.

8. strummer12

Member strummer12 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    UGG, I was looking forward to this and I am dissapointed to hear about the controls.

I guess I will have to wait till Mario Golf comes out (fucking Nintendo, please!!!!!) which is a shame cos Tiger woods is the ultimate frigging party game. My buddies and I would drink and do blunts and play this all night long on xbox. Excellent game and I was hoping for more from the Wii version. I am pissed off with this quick port tacked on controls bullshit. It's bad enough that Wii has shit graphics right now, but when the controls are bad, it defeats the purpose of this fucking machine!

9. Smack

Member Smack GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I don't think the controls are really all that bad personally, but my sister had a hell of a time with her swing last night. I must have been how she was holding the remote but sometimes when she went for her backswing it would quickly do her foreswing slicing the ball underpowered. My dad and I had few problems though. The graphics are pretty horrible but the audio environment is great and the announcer will rip you to shreds if you play poorly. "Just take your shot already!"

strummer12, I think you and your friends will still find enjoyment with this game. Give it a shot, and the ability to easily play with a beer or J in hand should be reason enough to try it. I haven't played it more than a few holes but so far so good.

10. strummer12

Member strummer12 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yeah, I think I will wait for a price drop or the 08 version. Part of me thinks this game was extremely rushed and doesn't live up to it's potential, but it's worth a try. I am a big fan of 05 and 06 on xbox.

11. phoney

Newcomer phoney Newbie

Bulgaria
    does anybody know how to connect more than one wiimote within this game? i tried my best, walked through all the game settings but didn't find an option for this.. ;(