Misc TID

blazer728544

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there ANY possible ways to change the title id? i know is possible as all the people ive asked just say its a pain in the as sand it causes issues and then refuse to say more.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there some reason you couldn't make your thread title longer than three letters..?

Last I heard, changing the title ID requires rebuilding the CIA, and that is indeed apparently a pain.

A better question is, why do you think you need to change a title ID? Because whatever you're thinking, you are likely mistaken.

Reactions: ShinyDarkrai47

blazer728544

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some reason you couldn't make your thread title longer than three letters..?

Last I heard, changing the title ID requires rebuilding the CIA, and that is indeed apparently a pain.

A better question is, why do you think you need to change a title ID? Because whatever you're thinking, you are likely mistaken.
for 1 i have been deconstructing and rebuilding games for a while now so deconstructing it isnt a probelm
and second i want to use it on a project of mine its a romhack that completly revamps a game and i hate using layerdfs and wanted to have it as a seperatetitle
and ive already been told many many times its a pain in teh ass i dont care. ill still do it.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Title ID has to be edited in the NCCH header for each content in a game, and ExHeader for the CXI (the main content with the code and game assets). Then rebuild a CIA from these and it should make one with the changed TID.
Not all games respond well to a different TID, for example Pokémon core series games will crash on boot, and I don't know if anyone has patched this out yet.

For DLC this is more annoying since it has to be changed for every content in the DLC title and there's no automated process yet as far as I know.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i hate using layerdfs and wanted to have it as a seperatetitle
What's so bad about layeredfs? Even if you don't like it, that seems to be the preferred method of everyone else, and aren't you going to want other people to enjoy your project in the future? Just sayin'.

blazer728544

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's so bad about layeredfs? Even if you don't like it, that seems to be the preferred method of everyone else, and aren't you going to want other people to enjoy your project in the future? Just sayin'.
yes and ive released my mod as layerdfs but making a title id version would be nice
The Title ID has to be edited in the NCCH header for each content in a game, and ExHeader for the CXI (the main content with the code and game assets). Then rebuild a CIA from these and it should make one with the changed TID.
Not all games respond well to a different TID, for example Pokémon core series games will crash on boot, and I don't know if anyone has patched this out yet.

For DLC this is more annoying since it has to be changed for every content in the DLC title and there's no automated process yet as far as I know.
also thank you very much ive been looking to change it forever now
also what file am i editing for this? i have 2 ncch files
1639331136916.png

Last edited by blazer728544,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2