TI-83+ and Serial Cable with USB adapter help...

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Forstride, Sep 22, 2009.

Sep 22, 2009
  1. Forstride
    OP

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Recently, I bought a TI Black Serial cable along with a Serial to USB adapter (So I could plug it into my USB port). At the time, I couldn't find a cheap USB cable, so I just bought those two. I connected the cable to my calc, connected the other end to the serial/usb adapter, and the other end of that to a USB port. I set up the serial to USB adapter so it's COM1, and I opened TI-Connect. It didn't recognize my calculator...Again, my calculator is a TI-83+.

So, the main question I have is:

What settings does the serial cable/port need to work with the calculator? For instance; parity, flow control, bits per second, etc...Also, when my calculator is connected to my computer, it runs very slowly (It takes 10 seconds for a button press to register), and the black rectangle that shows where you're inserting something is frozen (It doesn't blink).

If you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

P.S. I've tried using TI-Graph Link, and TILP on another computer (Windows XP), as well as mine (Windows Vista), and none of them worked.

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    hook the Black ti-link right to the COM port on th computer, DON'T USE THE ADAPTER

and use the TI-Graph Link app for ti-83+

or
    but the sliver usb ti-link and use TI-Connect software

black
    [​IMG]

sliver
    [​IMG]

3. Forstride
    OP

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    The only problem with that is, I don't have a serial port. I've been trying to find an old computer with one, but no luck.