Hacking Three CIAs are restricted?

BRSTMBweahea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed A9LH on my new 3ds XL, following the exact steps of this guide:
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
and for some reason, my HBL loader cia, FBI cia, and Luma updater CIA all require me to enter my parental pin every time I boot them up. (I checked and all software titles are allowed in my parental restrictions) I've looked everywhere, but can't find the solution to this problem. Nor can I find anyone else who's had the problem. Anybody know what to do?
EDIT: I know my pin, so it's not the end of the world for me. It's just really annoying that they're restricted when they shouldn't be.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I just installed A9LH on my new 3ds XL, following the exact steps of this guide:
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
and for some reason, my HBL loader cia, FBI cia, and Luma updater CIA all require me to enter my parental pin every time I boot them up. (I checked and all software titles are allowed in my parental restrictions) I've looked everywhere, but can't find the solution to this problem. Nor can I find anyone else who's had the problem. Anybody know what to do?
EDIT: I know my pin, so it's not the end of the world for me. It's just really annoying that they're restricted when they shouldn't be.
You need to remove parental controls

Reactions: proflayton123

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Effectively, there is one more rating level above "No restrictions", that is IMPOSSIBLE to set in parental controls, that if the software uses, (they set this in the banner), then no matter what, if parental controls are set, you will have to enter your pin every time you wish to start it.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Effectively, there is one more rating level above "No restrictions", that is IMPOSSIBLE to set in parental controls, that if the software uses, (they set this in the banner), then no matter what, if parental controls are set, you will have to enter your pin every time you wish to start it.
What exactly does this? I'm curious.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way around it? would installing another CIA of HBL, etc be a good work around?
You could rebuild the CIA's from source with a different Parental Control rating, but it's set to what it is for a reason.
Those apps have the possibility of bricking if misused, so it's there to remind you of that, and also so kids don't brick their console.

BRSTMBweahea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could rebuild the CIA's from source with a different Parental Control rating, but it's set to what it is for a reason.
Those apps have the possibility of bricking if misused, so it's there to remind you of that, and also so kids don't brick their console.
Okay, thanks! I'm a noob, and do not know how to "rebuild the CIAs." I'll look into it of course, and if it's easy, I'll go that route, but otherwise, my brother has CIAs of the three programs that do not ask for a pin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1