Three CIAs are restricted?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BRSTMBweahea, Nov 25, 2016.

1. BRSTMBweahea
    OP

BRSTMBweahea Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2016
    United States
    I just installed A9LH on my new 3ds XL, following the exact steps of this guide:
    https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
    and for some reason, my HBL loader cia, FBI cia, and Luma updater CIA all require me to enter my parental pin every time I boot them up. (I checked and all software titles are allowed in my parental restrictions) I've looked everywhere, but can't find the solution to this problem. Nor can I find anyone else who's had the problem. Anybody know what to do?
    EDIT: I know my pin, so it's not the end of the world for me. It's just really annoying that they're restricted when they shouldn't be.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You need to remove parental controls

proflayton123 likes this.
  3. BRSTMBweahea
    OP

BRSTMBweahea Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2016
    United States
    Can you explain? All of my parental control settings are currently unrestricted, and these three CIAs still require a pin.

4. caitsith2

caitsith2 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2004
    Canada
    a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
    Effectively, there is one more rating level above "No restrictions", that is IMPOSSIBLE to set in parental controls, that if the software uses, (they set this in the banner), then no matter what, if parental controls are set, you will have to enter your pin every time you wish to start it.

5. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    What exactly does this? I'm curious.

6. BRSTMBweahea
    OP

BRSTMBweahea Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2016
    United States
    Is there any way around it? would installing another CIA of HBL, etc be a good work around?

7. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    You could rebuild the CIA's from source with a different Parental Control rating, but it's set to what it is for a reason.
    Those apps have the possibility of bricking if misused, so it's there to remind you of that, and also so kids don't brick their console.

8. BRSTMBweahea
    OP

BRSTMBweahea Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2016
    United States
    Okay, thanks! I'm a noob, and do not know how to "rebuild the CIAs." I'll look into it of course, and if it's easy, I'll go that route, but otherwise, my brother has CIAs of the three programs that do not ask for a pin.

9. markmcrobie

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008