Hacking Thread from the dead...DS2 locking up ONLY on Ace Attorney games..wth?

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this was an issue i've had for the last 2 years or so. It's basically prevented me from finishing AA:Trials & Tribulations, and Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.

My DSlite will ONLY lock up on those 2 games, and at random points within the game. (usually the LAST case in Trials, and the first case on Apollo, so far) Older games/newer games have never had this occur, but the AAttorney games have this happen CONSTANTLY.

Basically the game freezes either during text, or when the scene in a court shifts from one person talking to the next. Once the game freezes, the music track still plays but the video and controls are frozen. Sometimes when restarting the game, it freezes on the "New game/continue" options.

A temporary fix is to read the microSD card on a PC, and erase and replace the game rom. SOMETIMES that works for awhile, but usually not very long. I've tried to run the roms clean/patched, and i've tried different rom sources. It's just crazy how it's ONLY the AA games that do this. Maybe something to do with the games source engine??

I've updated the DStwo card a few times since this has happened, with the official updates/patches. Nothing changes the performance. I've tried different microSD cards as well, and they all eventually pick up these errors.

Anybody else experience this issue with their DStwo?

Thanks.

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I could try it on my DSTWO. Upload a save state to this thread of your progress and I'll try continuing from there.

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I'll try and upload a save and see if anyone can make heads or tails of it. I'm sure it will already read as somehow corrupted though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...