Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I use it a lot for work purposes, and make some content for the same reason. It's quickly become one of the most popular social media apps out there, especially with the college/nearly in college age crowd so it's no surprise that the college I work for wants to have a presence.

As far as personal use, it's mostly a toilet app if I'm being honest. I don't mean that as an insult, I mean I literally only use it when I'm sitting on the toilet. There's some decent content on there, but nothing worth downloading the app for. I get the appeal, but personally have different ways I'd rather waste my time.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I get to see hot women in skimpy clothes dance. What else do you want?
You know what's weird? By some bizarre, outlandish coincidence, I'm sure completely random, all the most popular tiktok dances and dance challenges feature a whole lot of bouncy, jerky motions that make certain body parts jiggle a whole lot. How very odd.

:tpi:

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I find Tik-Tok to be annoying as shit. Everyone is either doing really stupid shit, or speed-talking. Can't stand either one. (And why the FUCK did they name it after a song by Ke$ha? That's the weirdest part for me, unless she had a hand in it. She could totally sue, since they spelled it exactly the same.)

Back in my day, this was Tik-Tok:
TTC_Painting.png

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that hurts me more than seeing people obsess over Tik-Tok is seeing people set their phones down in a public place because they feel the urge to do a Tik-Tok dance right there
I can't fairly judge the app, but if what I've seen is any indicator, I wouldn't get value out of my time.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the appeal, nor did I see the appeal in Vine. Never installed it, half of the videos people have sent me from tiktok that I've viewed in browser aren't even funny. I have enough things to waste my time as it is. Not to mention the privacy concerns.

Now in all fairness, I don't like or "don't get" most modern social media. Instagram? blah. Snapchat? Unfortunately just got convinced to start using it. Discord? I don't understand why it has such a social media aspect to it.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm concerned that nothing has been done about it. Forget the potential spyware aspect, that's the least of it. Remember all the controversy over Russian disinformation on social media platforms during the 2016 election? They did that from the outside. Imagine what they could've done if they had owned the platforms and could control the algorithms. The result would be so subtle that it would be nearly impossible to detect. Comparing the two methods would be like comparing a sledgehammer to a scalpel. Now just think about what the Chinese can accomplish with access to an algorithm that serves content to over 90 million US citizens.

mar10n1c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tiktok? I hate it with burning desire. I don't like any of the users, any of the videos, and any of the stuff that goes on there. I will never use it. Same goes to instagram and snapchat.

Its the worst thing to exist.

Reactions: Jayro and IC_

mar10n1c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't hate all social media. Technically this counts as one. I forgot to say I'm cool with Twitter.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TO BE HONEST, you sometime find many quality content!

The original Tiktok (Douyin) for Chinese audience work separately from the western Tiktok, has more restrictions like female/male nudity, thus it's more oriented on music, comic, skill and more quality content, rather than stupid meaninglessness video u usually get on Tiktok.

Try The original Tiktok (Douyin)!

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
What the hell is that
Tick-Tock Clock from Super Mario 64. :gun::shit:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tiktok? I hate it with burning desire. I don't like any of the users, any of the videos, and any of the stuff that goes on there. I will never use it. Same goes to instagram and snapchat.

Its the worst thing to exist.
I feel exactly the same. I use Facebook for keeping in touch with friends and family, while also shit posting dank memes and I am part of many hobby groups. And I have a Twitter to keep tabs on world news. But beyond that, that's all I need. Everything else like Kik, snapchat, Instagram, tik-tok, etc all does the same stupid shit, more or less. I just don't see the need for more than a Facebook.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive