Thoughs on buying a flashcard

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by drasl, Aug 24, 2011.

Aug 24, 2011

Thoughs on buying a flashcard by drasl at 4:30 PM (1,286 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. drasl
    OP

Newcomer drasl Newbie

Iceland
    Hi guys..

I am a new 3DS owner who does not own any previous DS console. I have been reading through some guides and threads on what I might expect from purchasing a flashcard. I am thinking of buying the Supercard DSTwo for my 3DS, which is currently at Ver. 2.1.0-4E.

I have a few concerns though, as it is my understanding that the only way to update flash-cards is through a normal DS, is this correct ? Meaning that if it doesnt work out of the package it may be worthless to me.

Or is it possible to update the flash-card using the 3DS, but it runs the risk of bricking it ? Maybe even update it through the PC ?

Most seem to own a previous DS version so I guess this isnt something most worry about, but is it wise for me to buy a flashcard when I only have a 3DS ?

2. Fyrus

Member Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

France
    No, you don't have to own a DS to update your DSTWO, HOWEVER, You'll need to update your DSTWO BEFORE Your 3DS, some resellers sells DSTWO pre-updated to your version.

3. drasl
    OP

Newcomer drasl Newbie

Iceland
    Why is that I need to update my DSTwo before my 3DS ? Do you mean before a 3DS system update ?

Also what would I use to update it ?

4. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
  5. CrispyYoshi

Member CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    That method still requires updating from an older DS model in order to change the GAMEID to Alex Rider.

Updating your DSTWO from an older DS model to the 3DS is a one-time thing. You only have to do it once, and future updates can be done on the 3DS from there.

6. Immortal_no1

Member Immortal_no1 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom

You can ways get youir cartridges from shoptemp.net, it's also cheaper than digitopz.com and shoptemp is an affiliate of gbatemp so you can be sure to get good support from people on here.

Since you're in Iceland drasl, I don't know if it would be easier to buy from xpertron.co.uk since you're in-between UK and USA, but Xpertron is more expensive to buy form, unless shipping from the USA makes it about the same price?..

There have been far too many of these threads opened in the past and they all say the same thing. Gonna have a sticky made with all the information so we don't end up repeating ourselves.

7. drasl
    OP

Newcomer drasl Newbie

Iceland
    Thanks for the links and help guys, really appreciate it !