OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*REMOVED*

Just to clarify, at the time of this post I do not believe discussing this constitutes as discussing piracy/warez and the like, because I have seen others post the name on this forum, plus there are active forums there not directly linked to piracy. If I am at fault here, please promptly remove my post/topic
smile.gif

I'm just wondering if this site is ok. I know that many of you on GBATemp use it, as I have seen you post in the forums... I use Google Chrome and from time to time on visiting the site my browser sayst hat malware may be installed on my computer from visiting. Now, usually this is a reliable warning, but sometimes it is iffy (it blocks newgrounds occasionally), plus *REMOVED* SEEMS legit to me. Just wondering what you guys think/know about the site, your opinions and whatever... Again, if any mod feels I am in any way soliciting piracy by posting this, please remove it or whatever you feel is nescessary.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
After visiting this site, it looks very legit. I even thought of downloading on this site before I got my Wii. It's a torrent site (obviously) and usually someone may have had a virus, and blamed it on the site. Also, I went to it (using the latest version of FireFox) and no warning came up...

Captin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been a member there for months, and it's not just a torrent site it has direct rapidshare downloads.

Never had any problems at all. They are quite a good bunch, solved a few of my problems too.

There is always going to be questionable content when it comes to backups but I dont see a problem downloading something you have an original copy of.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Captin said:
I've been a member there for months, and it's not just a torrent site it has direct rapidshare downloads.

Never had any problems at all. They are quite a good bunch, solved a few of my problems too.

There is always going to be questionable content when it comes to backups but I dont see a problem downloading something you have an original copy of.

Same here, been using them for months for my WiiWare/VC titles and scrubbed releases, haven't had a single problem.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been visiting there for a couple of months now, and have had no problems. I use Firefox, and that warning never came up.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Goshogun1 said:
I have been visiting there for a couple of months now, and have had no problems. I use Firefox, and that warning never came up.

Same here, I've even used it yesterday, never seen these kinda warnings!
I've visited today, and it indeed says some malware is distributed from the site. I don't believe that, I'm using it anyway.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most likely some ad's so contact the admins and they can contact the "ad people"

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed I have noticed chrome's detection to be a bit oversensitive.

Looks safe to me but I'm sorry we shouldn't talk about this site here. We don't want to associate with Piracy websites in any form, even if it's just mentioning their names.

Please don't bring up the site name again (will be removed where we see i, feel free to report posts that mention it)

Thank you, I'll close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol