This website = Bad?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by dmonkey21, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2009

This website = Bad? by dmonkey21 at 7:16 AM (1,535 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. dmonkey21
    OP

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    *REMOVED*

Just to clarify, at the time of this post I do not believe discussing this constitutes as discussing piracy/warez and the like, because I have seen others post the name on this forum, plus there are active forums there not directly linked to piracy. If I am at fault here, please promptly remove my post/topic [​IMG]

I'm just wondering if this site is ok. I know that many of you on GBATemp use it, as I have seen you post in the forums... I use Google Chrome and from time to time on visiting the site my browser sayst hat malware may be installed on my computer from visiting. Now, usually this is a reliable warning, but sometimes it is iffy (it blocks newgrounds occasionally), plus *REMOVED* SEEMS legit to me. Just wondering what you guys think/know about the site, your opinions and whatever... Again, if any mod feels I am in any way soliciting piracy by posting this, please remove it or whatever you feel is nescessary.

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Tried going to it and Firefox blocked it saying it's an Attack Site.

So it's bad.

3. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    After visiting this site, it looks very legit. I even thought of downloading on this site before I got my Wii. It's a torrent site (obviously) and usually someone may have had a virus, and blamed it on the site. Also, I went to it (using the latest version of FireFox) and no warning came up...

4. Captin

Newcomer Captin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I've been a member there for months, and it's not just a torrent site it has direct rapidshare downloads.

Never had any problems at all. They are quite a good bunch, solved a few of my problems too.

There is always going to be questionable content when it comes to backups but I dont see a problem downloading something you have an original copy of.

5. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Same here, been using them for months for my WiiWare/VC titles and scrubbed releases, haven't had a single problem.

6. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    Your *REMOVED* small?

7. Goshogun1

Member Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have been visiting there for a couple of months now, and have had no problems. I use Firefox, and that warning never came up.

8. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Same here, I've even used it yesterday, never seen these kinda warnings!
    I've visited today, and it indeed says some malware is distributed from the site. I don't believe that, I'm using it anyway.

9. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    Most likely some ad's so contact the admins and they can contact the "ad people"

10. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Indeed I have noticed chrome's detection to be a bit oversensitive.

Looks safe to me but I'm sorry we shouldn't talk about this site here. We don't want to associate with Piracy websites in any form, even if it's just mentioning their names.

Please don't bring up the site name again (will be removed where we see i, feel free to report posts that mention it)

Thank you, I'll close this now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.