Hacking Thinking of getting CycloDS?

xmedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a real difference between the black and white cartridges? I'm also curios as to why TeamCyclone hasn't given us a response as to whether or not DX is selling official cards, I hope they confirm a legit card because I just ordered one online.
rolleyes.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xmedia said:
Is there a real difference between the black and white cartridges? I'm also curios as to why TeamCyclone hasn't given us a response as to whether or not DX is selling official cards, I hope they confirm a legit card because I just ordered one online.
rolleyes.gif

No, there aren't any differences other than the color itself. Also, we all hope it's a legit card.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Stick with the R4. I've asked myself the same question several times, and I don't understand why I even consider it, because it plays my games fine and that's what matters. There must be something about humans that makes them want the latest and greatest, even if what they currently have does the same job just as well.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jdbye said:
Stick with the R4. I've asked myself the same question several times, and I don't understand why I even consider it, because it plays my games fine and that's what matters. There must be something about humans that makes them want the latest and greatest, even if what they currently have does the same job just as well.

That's so true. I'm in the same position though and I think I'll be getting a CycloDS for the sake of it... but I'd prolly use my R4 for my other DS for my mum (one R4 for each parent)
smile.gif

Tatsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jdbye said:
so true indeed, haha I just checked my order today on deal extreme and its says my cyclods order is still pending. I went to look at the product page and to my surprise the price is back up to 50$!! lol I wonder what happened, hopefully they have enough stock for mine so i can still get it for the 35$ price if not Ima have to cancel. (the cyclods that the 8gb microsdhc card is still a good buy though)

NatsuMatto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an email from DX today regarding my order:

QUOTE said:
Dear valued customer,

This is Tiffany from Dealextreme.

We are writing to inform you that your CycloDS (sku 14184) is still being held due to the supply issue from the Cyclo Team.

We deeply apologize for the wait. The delay is actually due to supply issues from a CycloDS dealer with their internal mess ups. If you are interested in learning more, details are included below.

But more importantly, DX is highly aware of the feeling of customers and the importance to solve the matter. Thus we would like to present the following options to you:

1. Receive for an immediate refund for the CycloDS AND we will send free NDS stylus (retail pack) as a way to thank you for your understanding.

** If you prefer full refund + free gift, please visit http://services.dealextreme.com/forms/OrderTracking.aspx to let us know of your choice.

or 2. wait for another week and we will either ship the CycloDS or contact you and offer the refund and gifts again.

** If you prefer to wait, simply do nothing and we will contact you again 1 week later.

As to what happened behind the scene, as you probaby know that DX always strive to offer the best price to customers like you and the price of the CycloDS have been negotiated and agreed upon with an official Dealer before listing. At the time listed no price restriction was put in place by either CycloDS or its dealer.

It was only a few days ago CycloDS has written directly to us demanding sharp price increase and warning about actions to be taken on supplies. Shortly after that, the dealer broke their promised initial shipment date. Although DX has cooperated with CycloDS by increasing prices of this product, the dealer still claims CycloDS is not providing stocks.

We are still working on this all days long and there is hope for upcoming shipment.

Thank you again for your understanding!

Best regard,
Tiffany

Sounds like they weren't too happy with DX slashing the price on the cart. I still have my R4, so I am not in any rush. I'll wait and see how it pans out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol