how much would gamestop/EB trade me for my psp phat for a psp slim? both me and my daughter have a psp phat, so i wanted to trade one for a slim so i can have the best of both worlds.
You'd get the most for your money selling it on eBay or something. Last time I looked (a few weeks back) the PSPs were selling for close to retail already (less $30ish). At the time, I was hoping to get one for cheap, but I couldn't find any on there.
And yes, the only thing that has improved is the d-Pad, but in any case, how many good original fighting games besides Tekken do you play on the PSP? (Hell, even Tekken is almost a port).
About the extra memory, you really won't notice it since running your Backups from the MS is the fastest way to play a game.
The TV output is a steal as you'll have to buy two separate cables, each of them (the Sony ones) cost 20USD.
Since the Slim is not compatible with any DivX player for the 1.5, you are stuck with watching PMP (that take several minutes to convert) and UMDs.
The weight of the unit is a lot less yes, but the overall feel of it seems a lot cheaper.
It's not just fighting games that the new dpad is useful for (though that's the main reason I love it). It also makes a bit of difference on games like DJ Max Portable. My combos are noticably longer and my timing is faster now.
You only need one set of cables for TV output, but the price is definately a ripoff. You can easily find places that sell them for under $10.
As for the feel, I love the grip of the Slim. At first I didn't like the sound of how the back end was gonna be glossy instead of matte, and how the "love curves" were gone, but it feels so much more comfortable and I don't get hand cramps as easily now.
I have both but only use my Slim Psp because I get less hand cramps due to it being lighter, the keypad responsiveness makes games and homebrew more enjoyable, the analogue stick has more grip, the screen is noticeably sharper which again increases overall enjoyment and the extra RAM has already been unlocked by Dark Alex and some homebrew is already taking advantage of this. Many complain about the lack of 1.5 kernel but the fact is, the 3.XX kernel is more efficient and has been improved by Sony alot since 1.5. All of the emulators I like to use work on my Slim Psp. If you are going to buy a new Psp, I recommend the Slim without the slightest doubt. What are all of these emulators and homebrew that dont work on the Slim many mention?
I got a PSP Slim about 3 weeks ago. Bought a pandora battery and magical memstick on ebay for only $55 including shipping. Took me 3 minutes to do the modding, and I am on my way to games.
The slim is definitely worth it. It has a much lighter feel, it is not much slimmer though. The screen looks a lil crisper, and the D-pad is much better. Not to mention double the ram of the original, which may come in handy for homebrew in the near future.
Just have to figure out the best converter programs for PSP->CSO.
You should have just bought a Datel Tool battery for $29 with free shipping and used one of the free Pandora GUI to create the Memstick on your PC. Too late but may be useful information for others. They sell both the Slim and Phat version of pre-modified Pandora batteries.
@ n45800,
thanks, I have heard of YACC, but have never tried it.
@ Lodis,
thanks for the tip. maybe late for me, but that will definetely help out other people. I had no clue you could make the magical memstick on the computer. I thought it had to be done on an already modded PSP Phat.
Sorry I dont know how to paste the [qoutes]. Every time I try, it comes out looking like crap. Any tips would be great.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...