Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So basically I won £1000 from pepsi
biggrin.gif
, since the check has cleared and the money is definitely mine,
I'm looking at spending it (might as well spend it on something I want now instead of watching it slowly disappear)

Now something I've wanted for a long time is to get a HDTV, although I'm not sure which so what im asking is can anybody suggest a good tv.
I'm looking for a 37" (or maybe 40") Full HD (1080P) tv, with built in FreeView. Good quality etc. for at most around £500

Can anybody suggest a good make and possibly model?

Along with a TV I'm wanting to get a new sound system, my current 5.1 system is dying and would like a new 5.1 or 7.1 system, it would have to be able to connect to my computer through:
S/PDIF Out (Coaxial + Optical) or
default audio ports
my current 5.1 system is connected through the default audio ports, also I would like to be able to hook the new TV I'll be getting to them if possible.

Again I'm looking for any recommendations.

I've decided i will use some of this money to buy my girlfriend a present, she wants the Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro, and I'm willing to buy it.
I just don't know when it'll be released, SE's official store doesn't have a release date, but Play.com says 4th June so does anyone know when It'll be released in the UK?

Finally if there's any other suggestions to things I should think about buying I'm open to them.

On a side note I don't mind buying off ebay, in fact I prefer it if its much cheaper, just something to keep in mind tv wise I guess.

Thanks to you all

Gaz

Potticus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
Save it. Use it for things that matter, like a vacation, time with loved ones, etc. Don't be a consumer whore.

How helpful...

You must really like your girlfriend to spend that much
biggrin.gif
I have an old (busted lcd) screen 5.1 system in my room I need to replace
biggrin.gif

Good luck on finding the tv and surround sound.
US here so I can't really provide help
frown.gif

Gaz777

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Blood Fetish
I have considered saving it but I'm never any good at saving money as I'll always spend it just slower I guess and usually on completely pointless things I actually don't need.
Although I don't need a tv, i think if i get one i'll feel like i spent my money on something, rather than money slowly going making it seem like I haven't spent it on anything, I you get what I mean.
Thanks anyway

Potticus said:
You must really like your girlfriend to spend that much
biggrin.gif
I have an old (busted lcd) screen 5.1 system in my room I need to replace
biggrin.gif

Good luck on finding the tv and surround sound.
US here so I can't really provide help
frown.gif
I definitely do, also it'll probably keep me covered for the next few birthdays and christmases if I'm lucky.
biggrin.gif

No worries, and thanks for the reply.

Mikk0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
im not an expert here but!

what ever you choose, make sure you can have all the potential at full use. preferably go for the same brands stuff, they tend to suit verry well with each other
biggrin.gif

basicly just go into the local market that sells electronics dirt cheap and ask for guidanse, by far the most easyest way to atleast get some info (and some pagage deals). but if the offers arent saticying you can always purchase the stuff you got offered from the web and save some £ (in this case)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro