Thinking about getting a PMP

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by War, Apr 29, 2009.

Apr 29, 2009

Thinking about getting a PMP by War at 1:06 AM (712 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I just need something simple... I don't watch videos or look at pictures. I just need something with nice sound quality with a good interface and it would be a really nice plus if it took MicroSDHC cards. I've been using my DS, but the volume is very low and I don't really like Moonshell.

I was thinking about getting a Sansa Fuze. My friend recommended it to me and it seems pretty good. I was thinking about just getting the 2Gb version since I'll be using my 8Gb MicroSDHC card with it anyway. Is that pretty much my best bet? Also, is it just drag and drop? I didn't like iPods because of the whole iTunes thing... I found that pretty annoying.

2. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    Well, you never really needed iTunes, just switch the iPod into disk mode.
    And don't all MP3 players feature drag + drop?
    But yes, that would be a good bet, if not the best.

3. dark42

Member dark42 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wow, that's an awesome player, better than my old 5th gen iPod, that's for sure. If I didn't have an iPhone I would buy that right now. I like the fact that it has a built-in FM tuner, Apple wants people to buy a $50 accessory just to listen to radio.

4. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Actually, the 5th gen iPod can be rockboxed, which would make it a better player.

But if you don't want to hassle with rockbox, Fuze really is your best bet.

Edit: Though then again, the fuze's rockbox port is nearing it's completion.....

5. mayhem366

Member mayhem366 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Apple generally are a rip off, more a fashion statement rather than anything practical.

The number of faulty iPods that i've known about is ridiculous, one thing i hate is the fact that people categorise all MP3 players as iPods; "NO NO NO! It's not a crappy Apple product!"

6. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Every time I read PMP, I always think of a pimp.

Ontopic however, I would reccomend the Sansa Fuze. My mate has one and it is really good.

7. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

Meizu Meizu Meizu MEIZU! There's a reason I'm selling my ipod touch and going back to my m6. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/compare/mei...disk-sansa-fuze Fantastic sound quality (in part thanks to its excellent equalizer), firmware updates (they may have stopped now with the release of the m8, but imo the firmware is pretty darn polished now), factory installed screen protectors on the front / back, great screen size:Player size ratio (I personally prefer the touch sensitive thumbstrip to apple's scroll wheel), non-proprietary connector, library creation on the device (although that can be a con, as it has to run through it each time you remove the data cable, still better then dealing with itunes!), and did I mention the stellar sound quality?