Gaming Thinking about getting a new memory stick

Excellentnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about getting a new memory stick and I found this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16489

Is it worth it? Has anyone found major issues with this? I'm thinking about buying this and two 16GB Kingston Micro SDHC cards. Is this worth it?

I also found a 16GB Mark2 memory stick with magic gate on DealExtreme for way cheaper than the total cost of the adapter and two 16GB SD cards but I'm not too sure if Mark2 sticks are any good.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Excellentnuke said:
I'm thinking about getting a new memory stick and I found this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16489

Is it worth it? Has anyone found major issues with this? I'm thinking about buying this and two 16GB Kingston Micro SDHC cards. Is this worth it?

I also found a 16GB Mark2 memory stick with magic gate on DealExtreme for way cheaper than the total cost of the adapter and two 16GB SD cards but I'm not too sure if Mark2 sticks are any good.

A couple of my friends have them and I've heard nothing but good things. The only thing I noticed was that my friend bought 2 8GB SDHC cards but the PSP only recognized 1, not 100% sure if it was PSP error or Adapter, worked on my other friends though.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i have that same adapter and I love it! I had 4 16gb micros that I used in my Kodak zi6 video recorder, now I only have 2 cause the other ones are in my psp 32gb's holds quite a few games.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Excellentnuke said:

smile.gif
its brilliant
biggrin.gif

the only thing I've had trouble with is you have to make sure that if you ever take the micro SD's out of the adapter make sure you put them back in the same slots they came out of I messed that up and couldn't figure out that was what I had done wrong until I swapped them around and it worked
rofl2.gif

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had one of those adapters, my PSP kept "loosing" it in the middle of games, and i had to pull the blasted thing out of the slot with pliers.

as for memory cards from DX, they may be fake, if you do go that route, make sure to test it with H2testw.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
I actually got a Lexar 8GB Gaming Edition Memory Stick with Magicgate supported. They're pretty good. I suggest maybe get a 16GB variety?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I can recommend the Photofast CR-5400.

I bought 2 of them (one for a friend, and one for me). Put two 8GB cards in the friend's, worked great. Put two 16GB cards in mine, works great. Make sure you don't use crappy fake MicroSD cards, especially Sandisk ones -- they will not work well with this. I bought two Ridata 16GB Class 6 MicroSD cards, never had a single issue.

punkyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The Photofast CR5400 I just bought from dealextreme does not read 16GBs (and does not fit the whole adapater casing). Only my 2 4GBs worked. So 8GB all in all. I believe that DX gets its items from different providers so maybe they got mine selling fake ones.
frown.gif

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Just try buy an official(aka magicgate support), high speed and high capacity(You'll need this if you are into loads of PSP games) memorystick from a trusted supplier. Why not have a look at shoptemp? I know they have genuine mSD...

thiefraccoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want anything up to 8gb, photofast is not worth getting, even if it didn't have all the little problems people seem to face.

it was more useful when pro duo memory stick price was outrageous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf