Hacking Thinking about getting a M3 Perfect SD - Lite Model

flamesmaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have decided to get myself a M3 Perfect SD to add more memory and gba compatibility to compliment my M3 DS Simply. First however I have a few questions:

Will it fit in my ds lite?

How easy is it to set up and use?

A major factor in me choosing this cart is that high memory SD carts are very cheap. However I was wondering if this cart supports SDHC?

A thank you in advance to anyone who answers my questions.
yaynds.gif

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
The MicroSD version fits nice and flush, assuming that is what you're referring to. The SD version however sticks out quite a bit, and the MiniSD version resembles a GBA-cart.

Its quite outdated but works extremely well, as long as you don't want extras such as cheats. It also needs to use the M3 Game Manager to patch games and creating savefiles.

It supports SDHC for Media Purposes (Built In NDS Moonshell) ONLY! Not for games.

Also, weird SD formats (Fat 16 64KB) can cause the GBA games not to be read directly from the SD, and it'll need to be copied into the onboard RAM before it can be launched(Launch games using START instead of A)

flamesmaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am referring to the SD version the card, the gbatemp review is here

Does it work with high capacity sd cards such as 8 gig SDHC

Thanks for your replys.

Mike234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
only slot 1 devices are supporting sdhc now adays.

Or need to use moonshell but can't play games with that it is only for mutimedia

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
flamesmaster said:
what SD cards to support SDHC i mean SD carts not mini? SD or Micro SD?
I'm not sure what you meant by that... but...
Micro, mini, and regular-sized SD cards are all different sizes. Some will fit ans some won't. EX: MiniSD goes with M3 Perfect Mini(or w/e the name was that fits mini)
micro-sd-mini-sd-full-sd.jpg

SDHC is a type of micro, mini, and regular-sized SD card. This allows space more than 2GB but only a few newer carts(mostly slot 1 carts) support it, but the M3 lite cannot use it except for media I hear... All different sized SD cards can have SDHC when it's 4GB or more meaning micro, mini, and regular-sized SD cards can be SDHC usually when it's 4GB and up. Brand will not matter because it's unstable to make one that isn't SDHC and 4GB+(except for bad fakes or older ones before SDHC came out). Brand will matter for speed though(Kingston 2GB/1GB and A Data 4GB class 6).

Edit: Oops, looks like you have all of your answers. I had to go do something while posting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr