Things you recently bought or got

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
4DBtVCn.jpg

Long story short: I went to the used shop to buy a CRT and something for mom because she was looking for a very old thing and I saw this laying around on a shelf. I asked the price and it was quite cheap. I don't have money issues but I promised myself to not buy any more consoles but fate is really trying so hard to throw me stuff for really cheap.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4DBtVCn.jpg

Long story short: I went to the used shop to buy a CRT and something for mom because she was looking for a very old thing and I saw this laying around on a shelf. I asked the price and it was quite cheap. I don't have money issues but I promised myself to not buy any more consoles but fate is really trying so hard to throw me stuff for really cheap.
How much?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ended up winning a free prize from a contest
Most of the items were a bit junky or not really worth it you could choose from. So went with this, since it looked useful, come with a battery tester, tired of using a multi meter to test them.
...I think I actually need this, I'm so tired of hunting for batteries when I need them.
Somehow I buy packs of brand new batteries and mysteriously run out of them when I look away.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ended up winning a free prize from a contest
Most of the items were a bit junky or not really worth it you could choose from. So went with this, since it looked useful, come with a battery tester, tired of using a multi meter to test them.

XGLsq6i.jpg

Xh2Ck0i.jpg
Using a multimeter is the better route tbh

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I just bought omega and alpha USA versions sealed.

but they are weavy maybe due to heat.

are they acceptable or sellable in the future?

Should I keep them? they are sealed but weavy.

I really dont want to become a collector it felt like I was hacked and forced to buy them.

Attachments

• 2BCCAFB1-B348-4ED9-A89E-36D47A2A1E12.jpeg
    2BCCAFB1-B348-4ED9-A89E-36D47A2A1E12.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • 37E757B3-95C0-49CB-B553-57BB12EF5D76.jpeg
    37E757B3-95C0-49CB-B553-57BB12EF5D76.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
  • 2CA5A8D3-EF63-4167-B2DB-A86A66C8EF22.jpeg
    2CA5A8D3-EF63-4167-B2DB-A86A66C8EF22.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
  • 9A5CD8B0-051E-4E4D-8B69-A7DDCB09A7DA.jpeg
    9A5CD8B0-051E-4E4D-8B69-A7DDCB09A7DA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
Last edited by MohammedQ8,
Reactions: Mama Looigi

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Internal screaming intensifies]

I've wanted one of these for about 20 years now and I am SO DAMN EXCITED TO OWN ONE OMFG. This thing is -immaculate- and looks like it's been used twice and then put in a box and taken through 3 home moves. It doesn't have even a hint of hand cheese AND IT STILL HAS THE PEEL FILM ON THE SCREEN. It doesn't power on which I am fairly confident would be fixed by a recap. Which I might poke at tonight, if I have the right caps in stock. Otherwise I've got a kit on order for this. Ebay for $180, like $206 shipped. That's about as good a price as you're gonna find on these nowadays.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

upload_2021-8-8_17-12-46.png

PS: cartridge was already mine

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[Internal screaming intensifies]

I've wanted one of these for about 20 years now and I am SO DAMN EXCITED TO OWN ONE OMFG. This thing is -immaculate- and looks like it's been used twice and then put in a box and taken through 3 home moves. It doesn't have even a hint of hand cheese AND IT STILL HAS THE PEEL FILM ON THE SCREEN. It doesn't power on which I am fairly confident would be fixed by a recap. Which I might poke at tonight, if I have the right caps in stock. Otherwise I've got a kit on order for this. Ebay for $180, like $206 shipped. That's about as good a price as you're gonna find on these nowadays.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

View attachment 272458

PS: cartridge was already mine

That's how I felt about the game boy color lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2: +1