Things you recently bought or got

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
4DBtVCn.jpg

Long story short: I went to the used shop to buy a CRT and something for mom because she was looking for a very old thing and I saw this laying around on a shelf. I asked the price and it was quite cheap. I don't have money issues but I promised myself to not buy any more consoles but fate is really trying so hard to throw me stuff for really cheap.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4DBtVCn.jpg

Long story short: I went to the used shop to buy a CRT and something for mom because she was looking for a very old thing and I saw this laying around on a shelf. I asked the price and it was quite cheap. I don't have money issues but I promised myself to not buy any more consoles but fate is really trying so hard to throw me stuff for really cheap.
How much?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ended up winning a free prize from a contest
Most of the items were a bit junky or not really worth it you could choose from. So went with this, since it looked useful, come with a battery tester, tired of using a multi meter to test them.
...I think I actually need this, I'm so tired of hunting for batteries when I need them.
Somehow I buy packs of brand new batteries and mysteriously run out of them when I look away.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ended up winning a free prize from a contest
Most of the items were a bit junky or not really worth it you could choose from. So went with this, since it looked useful, come with a battery tester, tired of using a multi meter to test them.

XGLsq6i.jpg

Xh2Ck0i.jpg
Using a multimeter is the better route tbh

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I just bought omega and alpha USA versions sealed.

but they are weavy maybe due to heat.

are they acceptable or sellable in the future?

Should I keep them? they are sealed but weavy.

I really dont want to become a collector it felt like I was hacked and forced to buy them.

Attachments

• 2BCCAFB1-B348-4ED9-A89E-36D47A2A1E12.jpeg
    2BCCAFB1-B348-4ED9-A89E-36D47A2A1E12.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • 37E757B3-95C0-49CB-B553-57BB12EF5D76.jpeg
    37E757B3-95C0-49CB-B553-57BB12EF5D76.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
  • 2CA5A8D3-EF63-4167-B2DB-A86A66C8EF22.jpeg
    2CA5A8D3-EF63-4167-B2DB-A86A66C8EF22.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
  • 9A5CD8B0-051E-4E4D-8B69-A7DDCB09A7DA.jpeg
    9A5CD8B0-051E-4E4D-8B69-A7DDCB09A7DA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
Last edited by MohammedQ8,
Reactions: Mama Looigi

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Internal screaming intensifies]

I've wanted one of these for about 20 years now and I am SO DAMN EXCITED TO OWN ONE OMFG. This thing is -immaculate- and looks like it's been used twice and then put in a box and taken through 3 home moves. It doesn't have even a hint of hand cheese AND IT STILL HAS THE PEEL FILM ON THE SCREEN. It doesn't power on which I am fairly confident would be fixed by a recap. Which I might poke at tonight, if I have the right caps in stock. Otherwise I've got a kit on order for this. Ebay for $180, like $206 shipped. That's about as good a price as you're gonna find on these nowadays.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

upload_2021-8-8_17-12-46.png

PS: cartridge was already mine

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[Internal screaming intensifies]

I've wanted one of these for about 20 years now and I am SO DAMN EXCITED TO OWN ONE OMFG. This thing is -immaculate- and looks like it's been used twice and then put in a box and taken through 3 home moves. It doesn't have even a hint of hand cheese AND IT STILL HAS THE PEEL FILM ON THE SCREEN. It doesn't power on which I am fairly confident would be fixed by a recap. Which I might poke at tonight, if I have the right caps in stock. Otherwise I've got a kit on order for this. Ebay for $180, like $206 shipped. That's about as good a price as you're gonna find on these nowadays.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

View attachment 272458

PS: cartridge was already mine

That's how I felt about the game boy color lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...