Things you recently bought or got

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it seems boredom + no rain + me being awake on Sunday morning means I appear at the car boot. I usually get tools (woodwork, machine shop type stuff or electronics) or something I fancy pulling apart but seldom anything really worth sharing here -- I got a bag of nice old spanners, many of which were sized for the Whitworth standard. This time though there were a couple of rusty fencing swords for £3 for the pair so I got them, the picture below is after I ran a bit of sandpaper over them and right now I am deciding whether to do the "better than the factory" restore (mainly as an excuse to play with fun chemicals and techniques I rarely get to employ) or leave them more or less as is.
trg_swords_1.JPG

I had not done any European style fencing in well over a decade (I have a bokken (Japanese wooden sword) I play with from time to time but mostly it is spear/staff type things that I go in for if I am doing larger weapons than a small knife) before yesterday... I was somewhat rusty just going through basic forms and techniques and my accuracy was all over the shop but I did remember why I liked it originally. I then looked up what style of sword it was and apparently it was a Spanish style ( https://www.armasdecoleccion.com/toledo-spanish-fencing-foil-p-153.html?language=en ) so I then looked up Spanish fencing. All martial arts ultimately boil down to physics and biology (and chemistry/metallurgy if you want a weapon that will last long enough to get you out of that day's combat) but this was somewhat different to what I originally learned.

Reactions: nxwing

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: VinsCool

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just got my ipega controller! It looks just like an Xbox Controller and I'll hopefull put up a review of this after it finished charging

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
The wife was kind enough to order our tickets for the group to go see the new Star Wars film when it comes out, since apparently pre-order culture has leaked out of gaming and into everything else now, a pretty conclusive sign that the world is fucked and needs to be reset with an asteroid or something.

Those of you that track my activities in the Shoutbox will also know I eventually did invest in The Last Of Us GOTY, only for it to massively backfire on me. See, the page on the Store says it needs 5.9GB of space. Which of course means 12GB to actually download and install it thanks to the bizarre way modern downloads work, but whatever. What it fails to mention anywhere on PSN is that the 5.9GB file I bought was just the DLC and an installer for the main game, which then requires an additional 26GB of space, something way beyond my meagre hard drive's capabilities unless I delete literally everything else. So with video evidence captured to show that I was sold the game under false pretenses, I have emailed Sony demanding that they both refund my money immediately and rectify the PS Store page to reflect these higher requirements so that nobody else blunders into this trap. With the game only £8 in the sale I can't imagine I'm the only one who'll be feeling like a chump when they find this out.

Reactions: DragorianSword

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw