Things you recently bought or got

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Ah yes, an Everdrive clone :)

I have a new X7 and an old 2.5 Everdrive, and recently got the 64Drive and a NeoMyth64.

The only backup device I reallllllly want now is the MRBackUp Z64 add on.... but they're like gold dust and I'm not paying £400+ :(

.. oh and a DRV64 JR.... but again... gold dust...

I haven't invested in FRAM Paks yet, any good? :/

The FRAM is nice because I'll never have to change the battery in the pack. It works fine and I plan on getting more, but they are like $30 each pre-assembled. My retro fondness has cost me a lot with this N64, but it's worth it. I also have a HDMI adapter for it which is pretty cool too.

Reactions: KiiWii

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, an Everdrive clone :)

I have a new X7 and an old 2.5 Everdrive, and recently got the 64Drive and a NeoMyth64.

The only backup device I reallllllly want now is the MRBackUp Z64 add on.... but they're like gold dust and I'm not paying £400+ :(

.. oh and a DRV64 JR.... but again... gold dust...

I haven't invested in FRAM Paks yet, any good? :/
I never owned a 64. My college dorm mates had one though and I used to go over to their room and play. Since then I’ve relied on emulation and to be honest, it just hasn’t ever cut it.

Since you have all of these flash carts for N64, which one do you recommend? I’ve been looking into getting an N64 and a rebuilt controller but I really don’t have the space to start a cartridge collection. So I was looking at flash carts but honestly I’m confused between which ones are clones and why the clones are worse.

Also, Pizza Hut was OK. Not great. But for the most part it did look like the Hut I remember in the 80s/90s.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
I never owned a 64. My college dorm mates had one though and I used to go over to their room and play. Since then I’ve relied on emulation and to be honest, it just hasn’t ever cut it.

Since you have all of these flash carts for N64, which one do you recommend? I’ve been looking into getting an N64 and a rebuilt controller but I really don’t have the space to start a cartridge collection. So I was looking at flash carts but honestly I’m confused between which ones are clones and why the clones are worse.

Also, Pizza Hut was OK. Not great. But for the most part it did look like the Hut I remember in the 80s/90s.

Everdrive 64 is what I have a clone of. They retail for $100 on Amazon, but my clone was purchased from Aliexpress and only cost $50. Hopefully it's not a shit clone that dies quickly. As for choices, there's not many currently. Those that KiiWii mentioned are older and not produced any longer. You're really only looking at Everdrive 64 and its clones as options. Though, there's a few different Everdrive's on the market, some older models and some newer with more features. If you want the best get the newest official Everdrive.

https://krikzz.com/our-products/cartridges/ed64x7.html

Reactions: SylverReZ

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Protective case and stand for my Zelda Game & Watch. Now I can carry it safely in my pocket, or, um, stand it up - could use it as an actual clock.
20230814_151441.jpg

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Protective case and stand for my Zelda Game & Watch. Now I can carry it safely in my pocket, or, um, stand it up - could use it as an actual clock.
View attachment 388293
There's a reason why it's not called GAME&CLOCK
Now then, if you buy a wrist strap though...

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got new handlebar and hydraulic hose for the new height. My old bars are 25mm rise and the new ones 90mm. The hydraulic hose wouldn’t fit. This is my first time doing this. Should be more comfortable now. Never stop learning. :)

View attachment 388294

Got Grips for that cool thing? :)

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My refurbished 64GB steam deck came today. It works well but i haven't really done anything on it yet, cause It came like 30 minutes before I had to leave for work.

Attachments

• 20230814_124044.jpg
    20230814_124044.jpg
    945.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230814_124242.jpg
    20230814_124242.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • 20230814_125248.jpg
    20230814_125248.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
345xcz5d3j7.jpg

Sofirn SP10pro in blue.

I like to keep an AA light around as well and my old Fenix e12 was looking a bit tatty. SP10pro is dual fuel and can run on either a single 14500 or AA, so best of both worlds. Can run it on a 14500 and run it brighter, but also have the option to use the common AA in an emergency (or if you forgot to charge your lithium cells :rofl2: )

ZDA

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
zerodayarcade.com
XP
Country
United States
Got an RG353PS recently. Usually prefer homebrew/jailbroken hardware over retro emulation handhelds but it wasn't too expensive and I was curious. Pleasantly surprised for sure. I found myself using it for ports more than emulation and have been playing Half-Life and Quake on it a lot. Since the ports run natively it's a better experience than emulation for 3D games imo though I've had fun with the emulation as well. What's also cool is since it's running linux under the hood (I use UnofficialOS) I can run bash scripts/python/etc and run custom .so builds of games through RetroArch. Plus multiplayer quake against a laptop/desktop computer is a plus:

crossplay.jpeg

It's kind of hard to tell from the picture but with a couple settings tweaks the ports I've been playing look really good on the screen and it's fun to play them on a handheld with solid battery life.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a printer.
View attachment 388546
It's a laser jet so that there won't be any ink drying out. It's only black and white but by my calculations the free cartridge will last me for the next 30 years.

Setup was pretty simple, too, I'm glad it's not an HP.
I got a 2006 hp toner printer from work about 8 years ago. Only problem it had was the fax part didn't work, I don't send faxes so I was OK with that. I ended up buying a cartridge for it on Amazon for $20 and it's still going strong.

I do want to get a new one eventually, cause hp, at the time, cheaped out on solder they were using, so alot of these printers get problems because of it. Plus this thing is huge. It's about the size of a 25"crt tv/monitor and takes alot of space.

Reactions: AncientBoi

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an aftermarket wireless CarPlay stereo for my car. It’s made by AVIN, which stands for Audio, Video, Internet, Navigation. At first it was being a massive pain because the iDrive display output was wrong but after scrolling through the settings I managed to fix that. The radio reset the Comfort Access System, so I had to go in with INPA and recode all of my preferences.

CarPlay is neat. It works pretty flawlessly but there are a load of apps I wish I could add to the CarPlay interface but honestly even the ones that don’t show up in the CarPlay interface are usually still accessible through “Now Playing”.

It added guide lines to my backup camera! And a proximity beep! I can pair my OBD2 Bluetooth adapter with it and use BimmerLink to extend the dashboard to get back some missing info like coolant temperature, battery voltage, and oil pressure.

It was NOT easy to install. I got it installed but ran out of daylight to do it properly. As such the radio’s head unit (Car Communications Center which is buried deep in the dashboard) isn’t screwed back in place and most of the dashboard trim is still off.

Attachments

• IMG_0299.jpeg
    IMG_0299.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0301.jpeg
    IMG_0301.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This thing finally made it through customs.
IMG_20230816_103250209.jpg

Also got a set of xbox styled buttons so I can turn my older, black Ultimate controller from switch to xbox layout, as I plan using the new one for my switch and the black one for my PC / Steam Deck.
I got a 2006 hp toner printer from work about 8 years ago. Only problem it had was the fax part didn't work, I don't send faxes so I was OK with that. I ended up buying a cartridge for it on Amazon for $20 and it's still going strong.

I do want to get a new one eventually, cause hp, at the time, cheaped out on solder they were using, so alot of these printers get problems because of it. Plus this thing is huge. It's about the size of a 25"crt tv/monitor and takes alot of space.
I didn't have the luxury to find a small and used one locally, I do already have a very good bed scanner for artworks and the likes, so I really only needed a printer, and the smaller the better. This one is still a tad bigger than I would have liked but it works great and it still fits into my foyer where my NAS lives, so it's still acceptable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol