Hacking There's a software solution for decrypting games.

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
People have got access to the files. The proof is: you can download the music files off certain websites, and there are screenshots of a mod for Reggie that works with NSMBU levels.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People have got access to the files. The proof is: you can download the music files off certain websites, and there are screenshots of a mod for Reggie that works with NSMBU levels.

We're not denying the proof, as SSB's soundtrack's already been ripped (AFAIK) the trouble is, it's gonna be a long time before it can be publicly done due to some kind of piracy-fearing bullshit. :rolleyes: Sort of a neener-neener mentality that some have.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
We're not denying the proof, as SSB's soundtrack's already been ripped (AFAIK) the trouble is, it's gonna be a long time before it can be publicly done due to some kind of piracy-fearing bullshit. :rolleyes: Sort of a neener-neener mentality that some have.

I too want soundtrack rips. Zelda 2015 is going to be glorious.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too want soundtrack rips. Zelda 2015 is going to be glorious.

Provided that such a method will be known. T'would be a real shame if the way to rip data from ISO images was leaked. People will find a way sooner or later, such has been the nature of hacking and these things can't be kept in secrecy forever :creep: Remember when people said DS games couldn't be decrypted? Or Gamecube games for that matter?

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Provided that such a method will be known. T'would be a real shame if the way to rip data from ISO images was leaked. People will find a way sooner or later, such has been the nature of hacking and these things can't be kept in secrecy forever :creep: Remember when people said DS games couldn't be decrypted? Or Gamecube games for that matter?

I really hope the method is leaked sooner than later, or just released. I don't care too much about pirating all 10 or 11 good games the system has, I just want dem soundtracks and texture mods.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope the method is leaked sooner than later, or just released. I don't care too much about pirating all 10 or 11 good games the system has, I just want dem soundtracks and texture mods.

Couldn't give a damn about ISO images per se, but rather, being able to extract and replace files like one would do with Brawl modding. If they won't (and that's fine), others will for sure. Out of spite or otherwise.

Imparasite

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Many people or hackers already have a new gen and last gen keys or etc to be able to play for free game but they scare to share it on public because they cant get rich sharing there stuffs on the internet lol you cant blame them, but make a strategy like gateway, get a team and make some software or etc and sell it to the public = profit+ everybody happy, agree? :D

Twili

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are any of you that claim the common key is needed to decrypt game data actually reputable h4x0rz?

crediar said:
I didn't want to get to technical but why not.

Should be known by now that all stuff is encrypted.
On the Wii U you basically have a file that contains an encrypted key which you decrypt with the common key.
The decrypted key is then used to decrypt a title/game.

Disc games have that file with them on there.

DLC you can't just get that file from their servers.
Since it requires a valid client cert and probably you have to prove you own the title too.

A different way is dumping that file from NAND, which currently is not possible either.

Decrpyted key = title key. Nowhere in this quote does crediar state that the common key is needed for decrypting a game; it's only used to decrypt the title key for the game, which is what decrypts it. It may only appear to work on the update data (with the initialization vector set to 0), but I think it just needs a correct IV for the other partition(s). Prove me wrong, if you can.

What's the point of including the title key in the NFO file for a pirated game if the games were ripped with an ODE in mind? Couldn't the ODE just use the Wii U common key to decrypt the title key instead of the group doing it for you? Clearly, the common key isn't needed for decrypting a game once you decrypt its title key.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Are any of you that claim the common key is needed to decrypt game data actually reputable h4x0rz?

Decrpyted key = title key. Nowhere in this quote does crediar state that the common key is needed for decrypting a game; it's only used to decrypt the title key for the game, which is what decrypts it. It may only appear to work on the update data (with the initialization vector set to 0), but I think it just needs a correct IV for the other partition(s). Prove me wrong, if you can.

What's the point of including the title key in the NFO file for a pirated game if the games were ripped with an ODE in mind? Couldn't the ODE just use the Wii U common key to decrypt the title key instead of the group doing it for you? Clearly, the common key isn't needed for decrypting a game once you decrypt its title key.

Not sure if ignorant or...
How do you decrypt the title key? With the common key. To make it simpler:
To decrypt a game, you need a title key.
The title key is encrypted.
How do you decrypt the title key?
With the common key.

Much like how turning a key in the ignition doesn't directly start a car, the common key doesn't directly decrypt a game, but decrypts a title key that then decrypts the game.

Ergo, common key is needed. MN1, Wulfy and NWPlayer are probably going say I'm wrong and give you the exact reason you need it, but it IS needed.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Twili

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if ignorant or...
How do you decrypt the title key? With the common key. To make it simpler:
To decrypt a game, you need a title key.
The title key is encrypted.
How do you decrypt the title key?
With the common key.

Much like how turning a key in the ignition doesn't directly start a car, the common key doesn't directly decrypt a game, but decrypts a title key that then decrypts the game.

Ergo, common key is needed. MN1, Wulfy and NWPlayer are probably going say I'm wrong and give you the exact reason you need it, but it IS needed.

Um, did you read all of my post? The title key is already given to you by the release group that dumped the game, in the NFO file. So the average person doesn't need the common key at all. I'm talking about the misconception that for some odd reason you need both the common key and the title key to decrypt a game. If you have the title key, you don't need the common key, is my point. People literally have access already to the title keys for each game, as I stated, because they're already given to you.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Um, did you read all of my post? The title key is already given to you by the release group that dumped the game, in the NFO file. So the average person doesn't need the common key at all. I'm talking about the misconception that for some odd reason you need both the common key and the title key to decrypt a game. If you have the title key, you don't need the common key, is my point. People literally have access already to the title keys for each game, as I stated, because they're already given to you.

Oh, your post was just misleading. My bad. In any case, this has been answered in this topic, I'll let you find the exact post where it states you need to common key to decrypt game data. Hint: First page, reputable source.

Twili

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, your post was just misleading. My bad. In any case, this has been answered in this topic, I'll let you find the exact post where it states you need to common key to decrypt game data. Hint: First page, reputable source.

That's not proof. It doesn't explain why it's needed, and I just showed that crediar doesn't mention the common key again after its role in decrypting the title key.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
That's not proof. It doesn't explain why it's needed, and I just showed that crediar doesn't mention the common key again after its role in decrypting the title key.

Crediar potentially DID mention it again, you were just looking for him to spell out "common key" for you.
On the Wii U you basically have a file that contains an encrypted key which you decrypt with the common key.

The decrypted key is then used to decrypt a title/game.

Disc games have that file with them on there.
I interpret this to mean that the file that the Wii U has on it is encrypted, and needs to common key to decrypt.

Crediar ALSO mentions that disc games have that same file(the one on the wii U) on their discs.
Since Crediar said you need the common key to decrypt the Wii U file, and(probably wrong but) he states that disc games have that file too, which means you'd need the common key to decrypt that one(the on-disc file) as well.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I believe that your theory is plausible, and more than that, quite possibly correct. If the Wii U disc format is anything like the Wii's, each cluster contains an encrypted header (decrypted with the title key and IV 0), which then gives you the IV for decrypting the actual data. I had always believed that the given title key was the key we needed to decrypt game data, but never looked into it further.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn