Hacking There will be no hack for the Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NipponRyan97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The coding is too in-depth, the region lock breaks any way of making a 3DS flashcart, there is no "scene", no one has ever tried to make a hack, Kid Icarus Uprising didn't have an exploit, a hypervisor prevents this as well, you can be automatically updated. And there's no NAND dumps available. This is why its hopeless! Do any of you think a hack will be possible this year, and how and why? I think it'll never happen.

Also, what about the "supposed" hacks for the console, and lack of past Nintendo console hacking teams. And that you have to dump RAM. No, Nintendo won this time! No hack or progress in a year.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm not answering simply because I'm getting bored of this sorta threads... It's getting really annoying...
Reported, I'll see what the mods think. =S

Reactions: 4 people

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
There will be a hack, but we just don't know in what format (nothing ensures that flashcards will be the best method), and we don't know when.
And yes, I am speculating, just like NipponRyan97 are.

EnigmaBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it will happen EVENTUALLY. Although, I doubt anything huge will develop for quite a while yet, sadly. Nothing is hack proof, so only time can tell.

NipponRyan97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not answering simply because I'm getting bored of this sorta threads... It's getting really annoying...
Reported, I'll see what the mods think. =S
I'm just stating an opinion. Not trying to flame or start anything. Every other thread says things that don't really make sense. It's time we actually get something. Not even an exploit was found. All I wanted to do is play KH3D on my American Nintendo 3DS! :(

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
The coding is too in-depth, the region lock breaks any way of making a 3DS flashcart, there is no "scene", no one has ever tried to make a hack, Kid Icarus Uprising didn't have an exploit, a hypervisor prevents this as well, you can be automatically updated. And there's no NAND dumps available. This is why its hopeless! Do any of you think a hack will be possible this year, and how and why? I think it'll never happen.
A lot of untruths here.

Just relax and wait like the rest of us. There's plenty of hacked systems to tide you over in the meantime.

NipponRyan97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not fair that I have to buy the same console twice, just in different regions to play my games! Importing never caused a hack or piracy ever! I want to play KH3D!

EnigmaBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
Well KH will get a localization anyway, so it doesn't bother me too much. However, finding a way to remove that annoying region locking would be a dream come true. Absolutely unnecessary addition Nintendo.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Also, what about the "supposed" hacks for the console, and lack of past Nintendo console hacking teams. And that you have to dump RAM. No, Nintendo won this time! No hack or progress in a year.
You have no idea what you're talking about. RAM is being actively dumped and scanned for exploits on a daily basis, most notably by Neimod who actually built a whole framework dedicated specifically for that purpose.

Thread reported for closing.

Reactions: 1 person

NipponRyan97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You have no idea what you're talking about.

If I have no idea what I'm talking about, why isn't the 3DS hacked yet, or at least the region lock and its coding? The new iPad was hacked in 4 hours and that has better security than the 3DS.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

If I have no idea what I'm talking about, why isn't the 3DS hacked yet, or at least the region lock and its coding? The new iPad was hacked in 4 hours and that has better security than the 3DS.
The new iPad works on the exact same system as the old iPad and has compatible hardware. There's a huge difference.

The PS3 was "getting hacked" for many years. I sincerely hope you'll enjoy your undoubtly incoming WARN/BAN which you fully deserve by the way.

NathanDuma

Trophies
XP
The games are region locked for a reason. Some countries have taxes and you can get it really cheap from a country with no tax.

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just like the DSi. It WAS Hacked, it just took some time. Though Nintendo patched it, I did realize you can transfer saves on the 3DS...

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I don't know much about the 3DS hacking, but one thing I do know, there's a lot of interest in the 3ds being hacked, I mean... It's the friggin DS's successor, everyone knows what a DS is, but hacks and stuff take time... Lately we've been getting used to cheap flascarts and easy hacks in handhelds and stuff... Back in the day it was harder and took longer for stuff to be hacked or a modchip being made.
Things take time... Actually buy the games instead of just wanting to play them for free, and you'll see that games will last you longer than before. xP

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The games are region locked for a reason. Some countries have taxes and you can get it really cheap from a country with no tax.
There is no technical explaination as to why the 3DS is region locked other than the fact that Nintendo wants to balance profits for their overseas departments. It's not equipped in a DVD drive which uses region locking to quickly determine whether the home console is PAL or NTSC - there is no reason whatsoever to implement it. Nintendo just felt like adding it in the DSi era and it remained that way.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for repeating what I already said.

You are entitled to your opinion (I certainly don't think you deserve a ban), but your post IS speculation. None of us know what will happen in the future (except for the fortune teller I met in China Town, she was legit ;) ). People are just tired of so many threads like this (well usually they are "when will it be hacked?") and get grumpy. Don't take it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr