sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Speaking on GameTrailers TV, Nintendo of America's Reggie Fils-Aime has, with a smile and some stern words, crushed into tiny, tiny pieces the prospect of a HD revision of the Wii.

Chatting with host Geoff Keighley, Fils-Aime said of the rumour, long kicked around by analysts and members of the press:

Reggie: Michael [Pachter] continues to be the only one who believes that this is gonna happen. I don't know how forcefully we can say there is no Wii HD.

Keighley: It's not coming, period?

Reggie: No.

Sorry that I had to be the one to post it but its just not gonna happen.. It's nintendo were talking about people.

Source

D

Deleted_171835

Oh, c'mon. Do you honestly think Nintendo will answer a question like that with a true answer? Companies lie. They won't go out and blatantly answer every question with the "true" answer. This may as well be another one of their lies. Take it with a grain of salt.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vaguly remember that Nintendo of Japan DID confirm it. Just because NoA says it's not coming, doesn't mean it's not. Remember that shpeel about the Wii Price Drops? Reggie said no one day, and the VERY NEXT DAY, price cut.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone think that Nintendo is just doubletalking and is making a HD Wii? Maybe they're just saying it's not gonna be called Wii HD...

If they don't make a HD system next gen then they're incredibly far behind.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe they're making a console that won't be called Wii.

Maybe they're trying to hide that their next system will have HD.

BTW, the next DS might be in HD. Since NViDIA Tegra can run in 1080P.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said it wouldn't happen at all... It's just I don't see the wii console every getting HD, I do however see a successor having that capability. They kinda have to they're already behind the time with it now by the time the do feature a HD console it will probably only be capable of the 1080p when some new standard will be out. I'm sure it will have some sort of backwards compatibility that lets you see your good 'ol wii game in 1080p. But this is all speculation, and from what I've heard Nintendo is starting the apple refresh kinda thing.. You know a new system that adds maybe 1 or 2 feature with every release, If you haven't noticed that what they've done with the DSi but who knows they might feel the need to refresh the wii console as well. I read that do the bad economy companies like Microsoft and Sony will be extending the life of their console til 2011 or 2012 one of the two, maybe when nintendo will begins to feel the stress on their console when it becomes real apparent to every one (including grandma and grandpa) that the technology on it is outdated they will need to refresh the system.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo don't particularly NEED HD for their own games (though some such as Zelda would highly benefit from it), but more 3rd party developers would get interested in either porting existing games from the PS3 / XBOX360 over to the new console, or create new games which are also ...how do I put it... good. Seriously, COD Wii? It's terrible compared to it's counterparts.

I used to love everything Nintendo did, back when there was a nice flow of good games coming to the consoles I'd bought... now look, it's all childish shovelware... Hopefully if Nintendo make a powerful enough console, capable of good graphics, we can see some more mature games coming to Nintendo, as well as the normal Nintendo games we've come to love/hate.

I'll shut up now D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...