Hacking There is a problem with the System Memory

OfficialBrony

OP
Banned
Trophies
Country
Canada
Oh and the only game I own physically is Nintendo land.
But I do have a friend who has 10x the wii u games

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

Now we are going into never ending rabbit hole.
Hm... Try what bennyman said? Tell them that you gave your friend your Wii U and he returned it in bricked state without explaining what happened?

OfficialBrony

OP
Banned
Trophies
Country
Canada
Now we are going into never ending rabbit hole.
Hm... Try what bennyman said? Tell them that you gave your friend your Wii U and he returned it in bricked state without explaining what happened?
Interwebs reports that disc games like Smash anbd NSMBWU have FW updates... both two games my friend owns physically...

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
If you have CBHC and Standby turned on which does things in the background when Wii U is turned off isn't a really good idea, don't you think?
I don't see a connection to what CBHC does and what standby and quick menu do. I guess sometimes when in standby it can install titles, and it would be interesting to know that would corrupt an unrelated title. And quick menu is just the extra startup thing on the gamepad that would bypass cold booting. Does running the system menu without signature patches nuke the DS VC title or something?

D

Deleted User

I don't see a connection to what CBHC does and what standby and quick menu do. I guess sometimes when in standby it can install titles, and it would be interesting to know that would corrupt an unrelated title. And quick menu is just the extra startup thing on the gamepad that would bypass cold booting. Does running the system menu without signature patches nuke the DS VC title or something?
I don't think that Wii U bypasses coldboot even when in standby mode... I might be wrong.
The issue here is that Wii U in standby mode just checks for eShop, software updates and other useless stuff. Wii U turns itself off suddenly after it's done with it's stuff. [DS VC might not have time to react properly so it just craps itself i think?]

[I'm really tired rn so i might just blabber nonsense but i think some things are true which i said here]

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like I'm lying to them and skipping school tomorrow. I blame it on BotW

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Blaming it on breath of the wild simply won't work for various reasons

1. Nintendo know that the disc version can't cause that error.

2. If you say you downloaded the eshop version they will simply check your eshop account to check you bought it from the eshop

3. The eshop version also could not cause that error anyway as they know from the error code that system files have been changed.

4. They know exactly that that error code only appears after people have fucked up thier coldboot haxchi. Or done something else that changes system files like ftp everywhere if you delete system files.

5. Even if they did go ahead and fix it they would try it out and see you have Haxchi installed then charge you for the repair. People in the UK are getting charged over 100 pounds for the repair.

6. If they can't fix the wiiu they can still dump the contents of the wiiu and will see you had haxchi and other homebrew installed and will simply send the wiiu back to you.

Nintendo are not dumb they had previously never seen this error code before haxchi came out then suddenly they get sent a whole load of bricked wiius after cold boot haxchi comes out.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: Deleted User

OfficialBrony

OP
Banned
Trophies
Country
Canada
Okay, but Breath of the Wild was from UTikDownloadHelper. So I guess like I said before, I guess my Wii U is going to the trash :/

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I'm still a little bit confused as how this could have happened assuming the op has only done what he said he's done.
This type of error should only occur when one or more data block has been corrupted on the memory. Given the error is triggered even before cbhc is executed this would indicate that the region of memory which is damaged is the one which contains the VC title. That said, I'm not really sure how this could have happened spontaneously if cbhc had been working properly. Even if for some reason the wiiu decided to repair vc title while in standby mode the result would have been different.

Last edited by Hikari06,
D

Deleted User

I'm still a little be confused as how this could have happened assuming the op has only done what he said he's done.
This type of error should only occur when one or more data block has been corrupted on the memory. Given the error is triggered even before cbhc is executed this would indicate that the region of memory damaged is the one which contains the VC title. That said, I'm not really sure how this could have happen spontaneously if cbhc had been working properly. Even if for some reason the wiiu decided to repair vc title while in standby mode the result would have been different.
This is also the same error that happened to another user this week.
This is a mystery we need to solve for sure..

OfficialBrony

OP
Banned
Trophies
Country
Canada
I'm still a little bit confused as how this could have happened assuming the op has only done what he said he's done.
This type of error should only occur when one or more data block has been corrupted on the memory. Given the error is triggered even before cbhc is executed this would indicate that the region of memory which is damaged is the one which contains the VC title. That said, I'm not really sure how this could have happened spontaneously if cbhc had been working properly. Even if for some reason the wiiu decided to repair vc title while in standby mode the result would have been different.
This is also the same error that happened to another user this week.
This is a mystery we need to solve for sure..
So you guys are saying CBHC shold be the first to boot???

OfficialBrony

OP
Banned
Trophies
Country
Canada
It has been a while, but I will give it my best to try to describe as many details as I possibly can.
Long ago, I followed a guide to get a fw.img file using keys that I know is illegal to tell here.
I have forgotten which guide, but it was a user called Fix94. Then I followed another guide that told me to put this Wii U Homebrew app to load a CFW with a fw.img file, so I did. Then the guide told me to press the power button I think to let the app make a partition of my SD card for a NAND backup. Many hours later (about 3/3 and a half) I had to use this computer tool that reads the partition and backup the NAND files (three files I have) to my computer. Then Rednand was all ready to go. But then I heard about Haxchi and booting into homebrew and a CFW or the system's stock nand from boot, and I immediately grabbed my Credit Card to make a quick eShop purchase, which was, New Super Mario Bros DS for the Virtual Console since it was on the list of working DS VC Titles at the time. Everything was working fine, smooth like butter too. Until today after I got home from school to make this thread.
I am sorry I couldn't make any links on this reply, as I forgot which threads are what and this is all I can remember doing.

Last edited by OfficialBrony,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1