there are games with protected save data? WTF

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by eriol33, Oct 9, 2015.

1. eriol33
    OP

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    hey there, I just recently started playing bayonetta and I want to use someone's else save file because I am too lazy to complete everything, and my ps3 is OFW.

but then I realized I cannot copy it because it's protected... WTF. is there any way I could at least, copy someone else's safe file to my ps3?

2. dawnbomb

dawnbomb GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    Canada
    you can actually do all of what you want. you can 'backup' a save instead of copying it. also for getting other protected saves, there is a program that you can use on someone elses saves to change it to one of your own.

lucky for you i found it in my pc without to much hassle, its called PS3 save resigner 2.0.6, as i recall you will want your PSN account name or something, and then edit some of the saves encrypted data using the program, to make it your own. its really easy to use.

i recommend using it for games with unlockable modes and stuff, i used it for star ocean the last hope on PS3, as that has protected saves, and requires you to beat the game 3 or 4 times to unlock the max difficulty setting lol. also useful for tales of games, and other such games with unlocks like resident evil with the unlocking of merc mode maps, or any game with NG+ only content that your allowed to start a 'fresh NG+' file,. such as the guided fate paradox (a PS3 rougelike)

hope i helped, if you have any troubles, leave me a message and ill get back to you. :)

3. eriol33
    OP

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    I will check it out and will drop you a pm if I encounter a trouble. thanks man!

4. dawnbomb

dawnbomb GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    Canada
    just to be clear, with this, there is NO save you can't get as 'yours' on you system. nomatter who says what, its even technically possible to get the same of a online game, so long as the save isn't server based like FF14 or something. but you could get one for something like, dragon ball xenoverse or other mmo esct games, so long as the save isn't actually on the server.

(as in, you can get saves of any game, so long as the game actually HAS a save file, games without save files like a actual PS3 MMO can't be gotten)