PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOOK AT THE DETAILS ON TOP ^] Finishing the Tutorial for Epuls56

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

- Epuls56 for making A Tutorial in the First place and Linking to 'thenewpoketext' tool.

- LoadingNOW for Making the Tool, 'thenewpoketext.

- godzilla3456 for Helping me.

UPON READING THIS TUTORIAL, YOU MUSTN'T POST ANOTHER POKEMON HG/SS TRANSLATION, THANK YOU.

Also, if you Need Help, Question on this Topic only. Don't make another Topic just because of one Question.

INSTRUCTIONS

NOTE: You can get the "All-In-One" download that includes everything you need, including this Tutorial. So, basically, you can skip all the download links (well, not the ones for the Notepad++...that's what you need in order to edit the Text!)
wink.gif

Link 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?1wmoxkn1e0q

Link 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UFSLWGWH

0) Get a Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Rom and Make a folder called 'thenewpoketext' so that You have a folder to put your 'thenewpoketext' tools. (Put your Rom inside the folder and Rename the Rom to something short. For Example: pkmss.nds , pokmss.nds , pkmhg.nds , pokmhg.nds , pkss.nds , pkhg.nds , etc.

1) Download 'thenewpoketext': http://pokeguide.filb.de/dl/thenewpoketext.zip

2) You MUST HAVE Winrar, 7zip, etc to Open the File. (Download Winrar Link: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm)

3) Extract ALL the files to 'thenewpoketext' folder that you made in Step 0.

4) You need the New Version of NDSTool for this Method to work. (Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?m35xaxznim1) Once you have the Ndstool, move it to 'thenewpoketext' folder.

5) Remember to have your Pokemon HG/SS Rom inside thenewpoketext folder. (From Step 0)

6) Run thenewpoketext. Once you run thenewpoketext, a Command Prompt will pop up.

7) For the Command Prompt, type in your Rom Name. (So if you have pkmss.nds as your Rom name, then in the Command Prompt you'll type in "pkmss.nds" (without the quotations and press Enter)

8) After Step 7, you'll have a Folder in 'thenewpoketext' folder called "tmp_[rom name here]" Wait for That Folder to be Fully Extracted. (NOTE: DON'T CLOSE THE COMMAND PROMPT, BECAUSE YOU'LL JUST CONFUSE YOURSELF. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED)

9) Open the Folder "tmp_[romnamehere]" and Double Click the "ROOT" Folder. Double Click the "a" folder. Double click the "0" folder. And then Double Click the "2" Folder.

10) After Step 9, you'll see some Files. (1.file, 2.file, 3.file, 4.file, 7.file, 8.file, 9.file, or 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) Move the 7.file to your desktop.

11) Now go back, until you see the "msgdata" folder. Double Click "msgdata" and Move the 7.file to there.

12) Rename the 7.file to "msg.narc" (without the quotations)

13) Now Back to the Command Prompt, type in "getall [whateveryouwantthenametobe].xml" (without the quotations...so it would be like this:---> getall hgsstext.xml)

14) After Step 13, you should be able to get the XML file in 'thenewpoketext' folder.

15) We are now on the EDITING the XML part. Either use Notepad++ or something else to Edit your XML. ( I prefer Notepad++ because it is easier to Use and is a Smaller Tool than others, I guess)

(For MORE Instructions on the Editing part, please Look at the Bottom of My Post.

16) Now when you've fully Edited your XML, in the Command Prompt, type in "patch [xmlnamehere].xml" (without the quotations) You'll see some File ID's that you noticed are being patched. After that, in the Command Prompt, you should get a Double Arrow Sign like this: l>>. Something like that. That states when it has completed the Patching or any Other Kind of Process. The Arrow Sign doesn't really Matter, it's just there to Let you Know that Things are done.

17) You have now patched the Rom. It's time to MAKE the Rom WITH the PATCHED Text! Move back the msg.narc to the original folder: a/0/2. Move the msg.narc to your Desktop. In the tmp_[romnamehere] folder, Double click the "ROOT" folder and Find the "a" folder and double click it. Find the "0" folder and double click it. Find the "2" folder and double click it. Now Move the msg.narc to the "2" folder and rename it back to "7". (FOR EXAMPLE: You have msg.narc. You rename that into "7" (without the quotation marks) NOTE: For Windows Vista's Users: When you rename the msg.narc to 7, it'll have something Popping up saying that: "Do you want to change this file? If you change it, it may not be useable." Just Press YES. (I'm not sure if this happens to Windows XP Users, but if it does, just Press Yes)

18) Now that you've done that, in the Command Prompt, type in "mkrom [desiredromnamehere].nds" (without the quotation marks) If you have done all the STEPS CORRECTLY, you should be able to get the .nds file in your 'thenewpoketext' folder and it'll probably become a 121,000kb file- 131,900 kb .nds file.

You now have your own Partially-Translated Rom now!

EDITING

When it comes to Editing XML files, you can use Notepad++
(http://www.filehippo.com/download_notepad/...546d9d6079f533/)

----------Editing the Texts in the .XML------------

-Change the "False" tags to "True" - If you don't change the False tags to True, patching the XML file WILL NOT work, so make sure you change this. (FOR EXAMPLE: If you have the Line: you would change that to:

lolilikecats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I did this EXACTLY how you wrote it, and on step 16 when i put in: patch sstext.xml
it closed the command prompt and did nothing
I only edited file id 216, and changed a word in Notepad++, and i did change it to true. and then saved it

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AnthonyizGodly said:
THe root thing doesnt show in the folder

There's a problem with your Patience. When you First open 'thenewpoketext' you'll get a Command Prompt, right? After that, you're supposed to type in your SHORT Pokemon NDS Name (For example: pkmss.nds). After that you get a folder _tmp [romnamehere]. You're supposed to wait like 5-20 seconds for it to Finish Loading all the files.

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolilikecats said:
ok I did this EXACTLY how you wrote it, and on step 16 when i put in: patch sstext.xml
I only edited file id 216, and changed a word in Notepad++, and i did change it to true. and then saved it

laugh.gif
I know what you did wrong. Did you have Spaces in the Text? (Like, when you had Edited File ID 216, did you see any spaces between the Words? For Example: if you had "
The wild \v0101?\x0000\x0000 used\nPsycho Cut!" Did you have any spaces between the things [ ; The wild \v0101 \ x0000 \ x0000 used \ n Psycho Cut!" ] Something like that? Check your Xml file. That could be a possible error, because I have had the same problem before.

EDIT: Sorry for double post.

lolilikecats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
lolilikecats said:

laugh.gif
I know what you did wrong. Did you have Spaces in the Text? (Like, when you had Edited File ID 216, did you see any spaces between the Words? For Example: if you had "
The wild \v0101?\x0000\x0000 used\nPsycho Cut!" Did you have any spaces between the things [ ; The wild \v0101 \ x0000 \ x0000 used \ n Psycho Cut!" ] Something like that? Check your Xml file. That could be a possible error, because I have had the same problem before.

…………………………\n…………………………\r???\x0001cat……\n…………………………\r???\x0001??\x0001???\x0001?????\n????\x0001?????\x0001?????\r

Am i supposed to have spaces? And this is straight out of it (I only changed one word to cat)

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolilikecats said:
I am r4ymond said:
lolilikecats said:

laugh.gif

…………………………\n…………………………\r???\x0001cat……\n…………………………\r???\x0001??\x0001???\x0001?????\n????\x0001?????\x0001?????\r

Am i supposed to have spaces? And this is straight out of it (I only changed one word to cat)

No, you weren't supposed to have spaces. Let's see. ...Looks like you didn't change your "false" tag to "true" AND, when you just finished editing, MAKE SURE to put at the Bottom! (For example:

)
And for every File ID, at the bottom, you're supposed to have -->

EDIT: Here's another example: (At the top, that's what you're supposed to have)

AnthonyizGodly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
AnthonyizGodly said:

There's a problem with your Patience. When you First open 'thenewpoketext' you'll get a Command Prompt, right? After that, you're supposed to type in your SHORT Pokemon NDS Name (For example: pkmss.nds). After that you get a folder _tmp [romnamehere]. You're supposed to wait like 5-20 seconds for it to Finish Loading all the files.
i did i waited like a full minute

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AnthonyizGodly said:
I am r4ymond said:
AnthonyizGodly said:

i did i waited like a full minute

Try a Clean, Unpatched Rom?

Edit: QUOTE
is there a way to translate it in to farsi (which use the arabic alphabet like ????) ?

I'm not sure about that. All I know how to do is How to use 'thenewpoketext' and translating a little bit.

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for this. now when i go to the pokemon center the nurse says after i heal my pokemon "Now can you f* off, I'm trying to masterbate here."

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey hello, sorry for digging this out but i'm needing help here ...
I'm trying to do a translation for platinum, and I was using the newpoketext, and I found no soluition yet :P
I'm stuck on step 16
I changed some things and want to put on rom to see how it works, but when I try the Patch , it give a error and close very fast , at least I was able to get a screen of it ...
erro.PNG
whats going on? x3x

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was able to find the problem I had with more lines .. now it's at the same number, I believe lol
but trying to narc it >
erro.PNG
what to do? .A.

edit : kinda solved, one of the problems was for some reason ome of the text reading code had capital letters, but shouldn't :v

Last edited by Sliter,

DerpyGz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am confused because my Pokemon Diamond has no 'a' folder in root. I've looked through all the files and there was no sign of an 'a' folder or 7.file. I am really lost since I've never tried this before. Can someone help?
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I realised that the tutorial used heart gold and soul silver. I was using Pokemon diamond. should it be any different? and if so how do I edit Pokemon diamond?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, in like one month and 13 days