Themes with Tiramisu

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey y'all do themes work with tiramisu? i see there is a chance of a brick on this so want to be sure before I do this. I noted doing this via FTP isn't best pratice
good job I read that if i did correctly....

I've been looking here https://gbatemp.net/threads/share-and-download-custom-wii-u-themes.592318/ and here https://gbatemp.net/threads/released-rosalina-theme-installer-for-wii-u.588203/

what I don't understand is that can I only have like 1 theme in that directory at a time? I wonder if there is a way for my to bulk drop a number of diff themes and then use homebrew to install/change them?

just the two files to make 1 theme?

Reactions: TonyNESgri

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could only bulk change in sdcafiine as the system can only handle one menu at a time. If you drop the content folder in folders named yellow, green, dark or whatever then when u boot sdcafiine it will give you the list to choose from.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
be careful with a permanent one. some people have bricked their systems. I've tested about four themes, and I've never had a problem, so I have no idea why that is.
This statement cannot be underestimated.

I am the same having tested many perma themes no problem with ftpiiu everywhere however other users have reported problems when using ftpiiu everywhere. Be sure the method you may finally choose feels right for you.

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could only bulk change in sdcafiine as the system can only handle one menu at a time. If you drop the content folder in folders named yellow, green, dark or whatever then when u boot sdcafiine it will give you the list to choose from.

I seen sdcaffeine in the home brew menu
is it just a case of installing that app and then using ftp wii u to copy over each theme in a certain folder? obv install each theme that I want active at one time

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sdcafiine isn't an installable app, it's a rights access. It allows your files on the sd card to be loaded when the system calls for the originals. FTP is a direct replacement of system files on a permanent basis and as stated earlier, caution should always be taken but I'll cover sdcafiine here.

Put sdcafiine in your wiiu/apps folder on sd card and load it through hbl. The console will reboot back to menu with no visible changes (unless your loadng a custom theme, then obvs changes!). It now has access to the files on sd. If you have multiple themes you want to choose from, your sd card will look like this

Root/wiiu/apps/sdcafiine/icon, meta, elf file

Also

Root/sdcafiine/your region title id/content/common......

Within the title id folder you can place all your different themes content folders inside an appropriately named folder ie...

Root/sdcafiine/your region title id/yellow theme, red theme, dark theme etc/content/common........

Now if you boot sdcafiine you will be presented with a menu to choose which theme to load.

As your probably aware, this all resets when the console is fully rebooted and this includes going into settings or vWii so it will have to be loaded again everytime but depending on how you use your console this may not bother you and there is hope that coud change in the future.

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks might give it a try

Guessing it be best to get a number of themes play around and find out which one i like the most and then permanently change it to that theme by replacing them two files

Is it easy to get everything back to normal? Seen few people have trouble doing this

Reactions: Lostbhoy

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks might give it a try

Guessing it be best to get a number of themes play around and find out which one i like the most and then permanently change it to that theme by replacing them two files

Is it easy to get everything back to normal? Seen few people have trouble doing this
Should be, make a backup of the original files.

AnnaCurto1998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hey y'all do themes work with tiramisu? i see there is a chance of a brick on this so want to be sure before I do this. I noted doing this via FTP isn't best pratice

what I don't understand is that can I only have like 1 theme in that directory at a time? I wonder if there is a way for my to bulk drop a number of diff themes and then use homebrew to install/change them?

If you use ThemeMii (you can find it on the "Homebrew Appstore" in your WiiU too... Root/wiiu/apps/thememii), you can fix this problem and you can have all WiiU themes in a single directory (you just have to create a folder called "themes" in the sd root directory, the first directory you have when you open the sd card on your PC... Root/wiiu/themes) and you put every theme in there. It's much better than both SDcafiine and Rosalina, trust me! ;) You can back-up your original theme too :D
There is no risk in bricking your WiiU if you just follow the same steps you took with Rosalinda/SD cafiine for installing new themes ;)

Last edited by AnnaCurto1998,

AnnaCurto1998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Just remember that when you use ThemeMii, you have to create a folder for each theme. For example, if you want to install the "WiiU Blue Theme", you have to create a folder with the same name and with the "Men.pack" and "Men2.pack" files.

root/[wiiu]/[themes]/[WiiU Blue Theme]/Men.pack and Men2.pack

With "[" "]" I mean the folders

Stan4d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ftp'd the theme. it's the dark/blue theme.
Where is the location of the men.pack files for ftp?
Post automatically merged:

If you use ThemeMii (you can find it on the "Homebrew Appstore" in your WiiU too... Root/wiiu/apps/thememii), you can fix this problem and you can have all WiiU themes in a single directory (you just have to create a folder called "themes" in the sd root directory, the first directory you have when you open the sd card on your PC... Root/wiiu/themes) and you put every theme in there. It's much better than both SDcafiine and Rosalina, trust me! ;) You can back-up your original theme too :D
There is no risk in bricking your WiiU if you just follow the same steps you took with Rosalinda/SD cafiine for installing new themes ;)
I used thememii but that’s how I started bootlooping

AnnaCurto1998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Where is the location of the men.pack files for ftp?

I used thememii but that’s how I started bootlooping
Yeah, it's a huge problem of the latest vesions I suppose... Try using ThemeMii v1.8, it's the best version nowadays (you will find it on github in ThemeMii releases section)

Stan4d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's a huge problem of the latest vesions I suppose... Try using ThemeMii v1.8, it's the best version nowadays (you will find it on github in ThemeMii releases section)
Thanks for the help 👍🏻 just a question do you know where the men.pack files are located in the system files for ftp installation?

Youre a lifesaver! i just (finally) unbricked my Wii U!

Last edited by Stan4d,
Reactions: AnnaCurto1998

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: